Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

27-May-2018

Went back to the Chicago Dogs game today, for their first home day game. Unfortunately, it was 95 degrees in Chicago, and the Real Feel temperature was 105. This did not make for a fun graphing experience. BTW, the Chicago Dogs name is an homage to Chicago Hot Dogs.

Anyway, I was able to get 1 card signed by former Blue Jays prospect Matt Dean, 1 card signed by former Indians pitching prospect Scott Barnes, 2 cards signed by former Colorado Rockies catching prospect Wilfredo Rodriguez, 1 card signed by former Padres prospect Kyle Gaedele (who is 6' 3" and is the grand nephew of Eddie Gaedele), 3 cards signed by manager Butch Hobson, 1 card signed by pitching coach Stan Cliburn, and 3 cards signed by batting coach D.J. Boston, who is Daryl Boston's brother. I was trying to get former Twins major league player Joe Benson, but unfortunately he is injured, and so I didn't see him. Total of 12 autos, and I left around the 5th because I couldn't take the heat.

Photo of the autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psrb0xyp8n.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 178
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Boston Red Sox Denver Broncos
    Twitter: @FaZeBls0618

Went back to the Chicago Dogs game today, for their first home day game. Unfortunately, it was 95 degrees in Chicago, and the Real Feel temperature was 105. This did not make for a fun graphing experience. BTW, the Chicago Dogs name is an homage to Chicago Hot Dogs.

Anyway, I was able to get 1 card signed by former Blue Jays prospect Matt Dean, 1 card signed by former Indians pitching prospect Scott Barnes, 2 cards signed by former Colorado Rockies catching prospect Wilfredo Rodriguez, 1 card signed by former Padres prospect Kyle Gaedele (who is 6' 3" and is the grand nephew of Eddie Gaedele), 3 cards signed by manager Butch Hobson, 1 card signed by pitching coach Stan Cliburn, and 3 cards signed by batting coach D.J. Boston, who is Daryl Boston's brother. I was trying to get former Twins major league player Joe Benson, but unfortunately he is injured, and so I didn't see him. Total of 12 autos, and I left around the 5th because I couldn't take the heat.

Photo of the autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psrb0xyp8n.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 178

I just posted a 3/3 success for Joe Benson at the Chicago Dogs @ Gary Railcats game on 5/29. Benson was a tricky one. I think he was still hurt but he was there. He had a black hoodie on, with the hood up so it was hard to see his face unless he was facing you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Boston Red Sox Denver Broncos
    Twitter: @FaZeBls0618

There is a new minor league team in town, the Chicago Dogs. They play in the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball, and just built a field in Rosemont, IL, outside of O'Hare. The first-ever home game was on Friday, and I went to the Saturday game against the Kansas City T-Bones. I bought a ticket on the T-Bones side, as I was trying to get their 1st base coach, legendary Kansas City Royals star Frank White, but he did not appear, so I am guessing he doesn't travel with the team. Instead, I got former major leaguers Adrian Nieto (Chicago White Sox) to sign 1 card, pitcher Barrett Astin (Cincinnati Reds) to sign 1 card, and infielder Zach Walters (Washington Nationals) to sign 2 cards.
    I am going back on Sunday, and will work the Chicago Dogs side.

Photo of the T-Bones autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psrzziudmg.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 166

You are correct about Frank White. He's probably been with KC for 3 or 4 years now and has never traveled with the team to any of the Gary games either. I guess he doesn't do buses any more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm surprised you got Walters, most of the time he would not sign cards when he was in the minors
    Owner of 244 unique Baseball HOFer Autographs

Collecting signed sets: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 Topps Heritage Minors

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm surprised you got Walters, most of the time he would not sign cards when he was in the minors

I was the only one asking, but he easily signed two. Maybe he knows that he is in the tail end of his career

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

06-Jun-2018

Yesterday, I went to an appearance at a local liquor store in Lincolnwood, IL with the Chicago Cubs legend and Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg. Mr. Sandberg was promoting a liquor, and with the purchase of a bottle, would sign one outside item. I had him sign a ball first, and he inscribed with HOF 05, and then I asked him to also inscribe 1984 NL MVP, which he did as well. I then went back in line, and made it through one more time, bought another bottle, and had him sign a card. The first time around, you could walk up to him and hand him your item and chat with him, and so I figured I would try more than one card (I had two on a piece of cardboard), but by the 2nd time through, they were rushing to finish and get him out of the store, so they took the item and handed it to him, and I told them that if he would only sign one, do the one on the left, which he did.

Anyway, the only other time I got him in person was when he was managing the Peoria Chiefs and he was in Beloit.

Photo of the signed Sandberg items:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psuoyljuwf.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 180

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just posted a 3/3 success for Joe Benson at the Chicago Dogs @ Gary Railcats game on 5/29. Benson was a tricky one. I think he was still hurt but he was there. He had a black hoodie on, with the hood up so it was hard to see his face unless he was facing you.

I thought I saw him right as the game was starting, and I called out "Hey Joe!", as I was going to ask him how he was feeling, and then wait until the end of the game to try to get autos of him, but he didn't acknowledge me, so it may not have been him. I didn't want to wait until the end of the game, because it was so flippin' hot!

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

15-Jun-2018

Friday evening, I went to another Chicago Dogs game versus the St. Paul Saints at Impact Field in Rosemont, IL. I stayed on the St. Paul side, and was able to get 2 autographs on cards from former Atlanta Braves pitcher Kerry Ligtenberg, who is the Saints, pitching coach, 1 autograph on a card from former Astros prospect Ole Sheldon, who is now the Saints hitting coach, 2 autographs on cards from former Twins pitcher George Tsamis, who is now the Saints manager, 2 autographs on cards from former Rays prospect Kes Carter, 2 autographs on cards from former Rays prospect Justin O'Conner, 3 autographs on cards from former Seattle Mariners pitcher Tom Wilhelmsen, 1 autograph on a card from former Yankees prospect Dante Bichette Jr., 1 autograph on a card from former Marlins prospect Noah Perio, and 1 autograph on a card from former White Sox prospect Brady Shoemaker. As the game ended, I went to the Dogs side to try to get Joe Benson, who was off the DL and was the DH for the game. Unfortunately, he walked off the field, and ignored me while I called out 'Joe','Joe'. I think the guy either doesn't like me, or doesn't respond to Joe (maybe he is changing his name like Carlos Sanchez who changed it to Yolmer Sanchez). Some of the Dogs players were signing, and I got the catcher Ryan Wagner to sign my ticket stub.
    I had two cards for Dante Bichette Jr., but somehow one of the cards fell out of the case I had it in, so I only got one autograph. Someone came over to me and said they found the card on the ground, which was nice, but too late. Also, former Marlins pitcher Jake Esch is on the Saints, and I called his name a few times, but he ignored me. Finally, I had 5 different cards on a piece of cardboard for Wilhelmsen, but he only signed 3, which is not a big deal, you just sometimes wonder why they don't sign all of them, since they were different, and no one else was trying to get autographs or knew who any of the players were.

Photo of the autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psnvxjotdn.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 196

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

21-Jun-2018

Last minute notice today for a grocery store grand reopening with an appearance by Chicago Bears 2nd year running back Tarik Cohen. I was able to get two cards signed, for free, in Wauconda, IL.

Photo of the Cohen autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psdflhwfce.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 198

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

23-Jun-2018

Today, I went to the grand opening of a tire and service shop in Lake Villa, IL, where they brought in current Chicago bears linebacker Leonard Floyd to sign free autographs. Mr. Floyd signed 9 cards for me, for free.

Photo of the signed cards:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...pstjvmyp97.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 207

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast