Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

24-Jun-2018

Yesterday afternoon, went to Kenosha, WI for the Northwoods League game between the Kenosha Kingfish and the Fond Du Lac Dock Spiders. The reason I went was because the Kingfish were having former Chicago Cubs relief pitcher Lee Smith appearing and signing autographs. I was able to get 6 cards signed by Mr. Smith, for free (well, technically for the price of a ticket to a minor league game).

Photo of the Smith autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...pso7cg0h7j.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 213
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

I get really jealous of your Chicago Bears autos!! But love the read!

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

30-Jun-2018

Today I went to a food store in Chicago, IL for another liquor appearance by former Chicago Cubs star Ryne Sandberg. With the purchase of a bottle of the alcohol being promoted, Mr. Sandberg would sign an item. I was able to have him sign a Gold Glove baseball, which he inscribed "9 x Gold Glove", and a card. There were also some autographed hats on the table, so I took one of those as well.

Photo of the Sandberg autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psf7xqm14m.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 216

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

06-Jul-2018

Last night, I went to the Chicago Dogs versus Cleburne Railroaders game in Rosemont, IL for a shot at former MLB star Rafael Palmeiro. Palmeiro came out with his son for warmups, but spent a lot of time stretching, and then went back to the locker room for shoe inserts. By the time he was done with all this, the game was close to starting, and he wouldn't sign. He told the small group waiting that he would sign after the game, however. Before the game, I was able to get a card signed by former Marlins pitching prospect Josh Hodges. Anyway, after the game, everybody formed a small mob to the right of the dugout, but Palmeiro came out and started signing on the left of the dugout. So, got over there, and he signed one card for me. Then, he left that area and went to the right of the dugout and signed for everyone. He was basically signing one per person, but you could go back and he would sign another. So, I was able to get a 2nd card signed, and a official MLB ball signed as well.

Photo of the Hodges and Palmeiro autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psqqscg6ur.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 220

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Nice addition to the 87 set Ethan

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

13-Jul-2018

Today, I took a quick lunch break drive to a grand opening of a gas station and convenience store in Crystal Lake, IL, where they had an appearance by former Chicago White Sox star and current White Sox Ambassador, Harold Baines. Mr. Baines signed 7 cards for me, for free, and there was also free hot dogs, t-shirts, chips, sodas, etc.

Photo of the Baines autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psfl6ii180.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 227

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

30-Jul-2018

Last night, I went to another Chicago Dogs game versus the Wichita Wingnuts at Impact Field in Rosemont, IL. I find it much easier to jump in the car and go to these games rather than the Kane County Cougars, even though the players are unaffiliated. But, I started the game on the Wichita side and got 1 autograph on a card from former Cleveland draft pick Jordan Cooper, 2 autographs on cards from former Detroit Tigers outfielder Brent Clevlen, who is the manager of the Wingnuts, 1 autograph on a card from former Oakland A's pitching prospect Anthony Capra, who is now the Wingnuts pitching coach, 1 autograph on a card from former Diamondbacks outfield prospect Zach Nehrir, and 1 autograph on a card from former Cubs shortstop prospect Logan Watkins. I then decided to go to the Dogs home side, as the last few players were just finishing warmups, so I thought I might catch a couple. The whole roster was just standing in the dugout waiting around, so I called over 2 new members of the Dogs, former Blue Jays draft pick, outfielder Kenny Wilson, who signed 2 cards for me, and former Nationals draft pick Stephen Perez, who signed 1 card for me, and then I called over Joe Benson, the man I have been trying to get for 4 games! Mr. Benson, who had zero personality, came over and signed 5 cards for me.

Photo of the Wingnuts autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...pszz62o4gs.jpg

Photo of the Dogs autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psmi59gxh7.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 241

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Benson was the same in the Atlantic League only thing is he would only sign 1 or 2 cards and no dupes. Nice on getting 5 completed

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

04-Aug-2018

Yesterday, I drove downstate 2 and a 1/2 hours to Normal, IL, for the 3rd annual Normal Cornbelters Legends Game between Chicago Cubs legends and St. Louis Cardinals legends, for charity. The game was advertised as having 8 total legends, from the Cardinals: Jim Edmonds, Ray Lankford, Fernando Tatis, and Kerry Robinson. From the Cubs: Aramis Ramirez, Derrek Lee, Kyle Farnsworth, and Bob Dernier. 7 out of the 8 came, which was good, unfortunately, Fernando Tatis did not come, and they swapped in former Cubs pitcher Les Lancaster at the last minute. You had to purchase tickets for the game and the autograph session in advance, and this year, they did the autograph session before the game. Gates opened at 5 pm, and the autograph session was to start at 5:30, and the game was to start at 7 pm. They had 8 tables set-up around the field, 4 on the 1st base side stretching to the outfield, and the same on the 3rd base side, and they put one legend at each table, without name cards. A few minutes after 5:30, they let the line onto the field, all from one entrance. and you had to guess where you should try to go first. It was a bit disorganized and chaotic, but I've been to worse. I headed to Jim Edmonds, who was the farthest table away, and when I got close, he had less than 10 people in line, and Aramis Ramirez was at the table next to him. I figured I would get Aramis, and then jump over to Edmonds. Aramis Ramirez signed 3 cards for me, and probably would have done more if I tried, he was being very nice. I then went to Edmonds, but the line had grown to about 50 people. While there, I noticed that Les Lancaster had no one in line, so I went to his table quickly, and he signed two cards for me. I then went back to Edmonds, and convinced the person behind me to get one of my cards signed, and I got Edmonds to sign two cards, so I ended up with 3 in total, which was fantastic. I then went to Ray Lankford, and after waiting in his line, he would only sign 1 card, even though I had two on the piece of cardboard I handed him. Out of all 8, he was the only guy that wouldn't sign more than 1 item! I wanted to get D. Lee, but his line was the longest the whole time, and I didn't think I would get him. So I went to Kerry Robinson, who signed two cards for me, then Kyle Farnsworth, who signed 2 cards, then Bob Dernier, who signed 2 cards. Finally, I got into the Derrek Lee line, which was a little shorter. I was hoping to get to him before they cut it off at 7, but they announced that the autographs would continue until 7:10, which was good, since I was about 20 people back at 7. I was debating cards or a ball, and I finally decided to have him sign a ball and inscribe it with 2003 WS Champ, which he did. That was it, I watched 2 innings of the softball game, and then drove the 2 and a 1/2 hours back home. 16 total autos, but I really wanted Jim Edmonds, and was very happy to get him.

Photo of the St. Louis Cardinals legends autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...pskwaga9ui.jpg

Photo of the Chicago Cubs legends autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psu8smmmyw.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 257

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

13-Aug-2018

Today, I went to the Xfinity Store in Arlington Heights, IL, for an appearance by Chicago Cubs center fielder Albert Almora Jr. I am not a Cubs fan, but Almora is my favorite player on that team, which stems from how nice he was when he was at single A Kane County in 2013, he gained a fan for life! Anyway, tons of people there, but they had a professional photographer who took a picture of you and Almora first, and then he signed, and then you got a printout of the picture. I had Almora sign two cards, for free.

Photo of the Almora autos:
    http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...psmm8v7rbp.jpg

-arfmax
    Total IP autographs in 2018: 259

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast