Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thumbs down Worst 2017 Hockey Card Product of the Year

I already posted the best hockey card product of the year thread but what about the worst? What hockey product did you think was the WORST of 2017 and why?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers
    See minnie-mac's Items on eBay

Like last year I really didn't like 17-18 black diamond, the manufactured patches were disappointing and there were too many plain relic cards. You get excited with the booklets and realize it's just two swatches of jersey. Also too bad that there were lots of Shipachyov cards for Vegas.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See darbscard88's Items on eBay Instagram:

This wont be a popular opinion but for me its 16-17 SP Authentic. I know I know, long running set great history, future watches are amazing (and they are), but this year felt so watered down to me. The series 1 updates as a pack insert? Authentic moments? (cool but so so common), the silver skates look great but again you get 2-3 a box. By the time its all said and done, you're likely to end up with half a box of series 1 updates, some authentic moments and maybe a decent future watch, for like $150. It wasn't too bad when the product first released but as the price rose it became really unfortunate. Great design and the future watches are beautiful but not enough substance for me

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with you on this.
    This year's SPA was very disappointing to me. I only purchased two boxes and even though I hit a couple nice cards, it was still very lackluster.

This wont be a popular opinion but for me its 16-17 SP Authentic. I know I know, long running set great history, future watches are amazing (and they are), but this year felt so watered down to me. The series 1 updates as a pack insert? Authentic moments? (cool but so so common), the silver skates look great but again you get 2-3 a box. By the time its all said and done, you're likely to end up with half a box of series 1 updates, some authentic moments and maybe a decent future watch, for like $150. It wasn't too bad when the product first released but as the price rose it became really unfortunate. Great design and the future watches are beautiful but not enough substance for me