Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Manager of Canada Post where i live lives infront of me.

Going to the post office, they check if ur bubble mailer fits in the slot allowed, no issues it goes.

When you drop in a red mailbox, they get checked by staff in the back and could be sent back to you if they aren't 100% up on the rules.

So for me, i always go in.

Did you get the confirmation of this by the manager? I was thinking that the stuff from the red boxes was brought to big offices in major towns, where it was sorted and dispatched by machines.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I went to the post office a few minutes ago and the clerk told me there will be new rules from January 15th. They would start checking oversized letters to make sure there is only paper in them, and the cheaper parcel service for oversized letters that aren't only paper would be gone. Some price raises in the mix too.

Anybody can confirm?

Yeah Light Packet (which was what you're supposed to use for cards, coins, CDs etc. to the US) is being eliminated.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It'll be interesting to see how strict they enforce the new rules in the coming days.

As I understand it, sending within Canada remains pretty much the same, but using Lettermail for cards (and other goods) to the US and other countries won't be allowed.

Right now 1 card to the US (Lettermail, Oversize) is $2.95

If Lettermail can't be used, then Small Packet is the next option at $6.94
    Last edited by Powerforward; 01-14-2018 at 03:03 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

It'll be interesting to see how strict they enforce the new rules in the coming days.

As I understand it, sending within Canada remains pretty much the same, but using Lettermail for cards (and other goods) to the US and other countries won't be allowed.

Right now 1 card to the US (Lettermail, Oversize) is $2.95

If Lettermail can't be used, then Small Packet is the next option at $6.94

Maybe we'll have to use some extra cardboard to make our packages look like a big pile of papers about 8,5" wide (like folded sheets)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just mailed a package to the US this morning.

I usually pay $2.95, for standard Light Packet. This one was a heavier package, so I figured somewhere in the $6 range.

Light Packet has officially been eliminated. Apparently the cheapest way for me to ship to the US is now Air Mail. Package cost me about $12 to ship for about $35 worth of cards.

This package was a bit bigger ( it was a 000 bubble mailer - 3 rows of cards - as thick as would fit without ripping the mailer ), and I knew I was going to be charged more because of the size / weight of the package.

My question is, what will the average 1 - 3 cards in a 000 bubble mailer going to cost us to the US? If im paying close to $10 to ship to the States, im going to have to re-consider the deals made across the border.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12