Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: The hobby is doomed...

SCF Rewards
    Country

That will occur when the investors who call themselves hobbyists move on to bitcoins. I can then look forward to owning a copy of every McDavid RC.

LoL ... then you can enjoy your hobby with with about 5% of the collecting population. I know it is hard to understand, but ill try and put this the simplest way for you:

1) - As said in this thread, the hobby is much more expensive now

2) - To counter that, many people buy and sell hockey cards. Why? Well, if we know hockey, love hockey ... and already collect hockey, why wouldnt want to try and make a small amount of money off the hobby to feed the hobby. If we could all do this for a living, im sure a lot of us would. Do what you love, right?

Sorry we all dont live up to your collecting standards, but something tells me youre a solid 25 years behind when it comes to how this hobby is evolving anyways. Dont worry though, ill make sure to shoot you a PM when McDavid Cup rookies can be had for $100, or is that still too much for you? Someone so dedicated and true to this hobby, could he fork out $100 for the best rookie of a generational player? Nah ..... thats still a bit too high for the TRUE hobbyists.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I think good things are being done with the Tim Horton's and Canadian Tire card sets...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think good things are being done with the Tim Horton's and Canadian Tire card sets...

A couple of people have said that. I didn't think of them when making the post because those are Canada only products (as far as I know). I was thinking in terms of universal, worldwide products.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Agreed! I think affordable options like these, coupled with the ease of access to these types of products is what makes it so great for the hobby IMO.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Agreed, nice looking cards and it was relatively easy to complete both sets.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I wish we had more food product/oddball sets up for collecting. Anyone remember the Frito Lay hockey cards that used to come in the bags of chips? My friends and I would argue over the value of the cards that were still in the cellophane wrap compared to those that were opened. Those cards were great and easy to collect but a little hard on the waistline ...

51fGF3IpeKL._AC_US218_.jpg

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345