Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

Chitownautos 2018 IP Success Thread

2018 is here! Time to start the new year. I was able to get 256 autographs in 2017 from 96 different athletes. Recap below from my first 4.5 years of collecting autographs:

2013: 56 autographs

2014: 154 autographs
    2015: 180 autographs
    2016: 219 autographs
    2017: 256 autographs

SCF Rewards
    Country

Monday, January 8, 2018
    Chicago Bulls vs. Houston Rockets - United Center (Chicago, IL) - 3 Autographs (On the Go)

Lauri Markkanen (Chicago Bulls) - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Kris Dunn (Chicago Bulls) - 1/1 8x10 Photo
    Robin Lopez (Chicago Bulls) - 1/1 8x10 Photo

Started off 2018 at the Chicago Bulls vs. Houston Rockets game. The Rockets tunnel was absolutely packed, and with James Harden injured and everyone trying to get Chris Paul, I decided just to go to the Bulls tunnel and graph there. I got rookie star Lauri Markkanen on an 8x10 photo, Kris Dunn on an 8x10 photo, and Robin Lopez on an 8x10 photo. Nice start to 2018.

YEAR TO DATE: 3

SIT DOWN: 0
    ON THE GO: 3

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, January 12, 2018
    St. Louis Cardinals Caravan - Hilton Garden Inn (Champaign, IL) - 14 Autographs (Sit Down)

Paul DeJong (St. Louis Cardinals) - 2/2 ROMLBs, 2/2 8x10 Photos
    Oscar Mercado (St. Louis Cardinals) - 2/2 Cards
    Alan Benes (St. Louis Cardinals) - 4/4 Cards
    Ricky Horton (St. Louis Cardinals) - 4/4 Cards

The annual St. Louis Cardinals Caravan made its way to Champaign, IL. Last season, the Caravan was cancelled due to a snowstorm. There are 6 different caravans that travel throughout the midwest, and each caravan has a different set of players consisting of prospects, current young players, and retired players. This season, the Caravan in Champaign consisted of Paul DeJong, Oscar Mercado, Andrew Knizner, Mike Mayers, Ricky Flores, Alan Benes, and Ricky Horton. Flores never showed up, and I didn't have anything for Knizner or Mayers. Paul DeJong, who finished 2nd in NL ROY voting, was the main guy I wanted to get here. DeJong signed 2 ROMLBs and 2 8x10 photos, Mercado signed 2 cards, Benes signed 4 cards, and Horton signed 4 cards. All these guys are super nice and love interacting with fans.

YEAR TO DATE: 17

SIT DOWN: 14
    ON THE GO : 3

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, March 17, 2018
    Chicago Sports Spectacular - Donald E. Stephens Convention Center (Rosemont, IL) - 1 Autograph (Paid Sit Down)

A.J. Pierzynski (Chicago White Sox) - 1/1 2005 WS ROMLB

I went to the Chicago Sports Spectacular show over the weekend in Rosemont, IL. The show is always filled with top athletes but at really high prices. I paid to meet former Chicago White Sox catcher and 2005 World Series Champion A.J. Pierzynski. This is one of only a handful of times I've ever paid to get an autograph. I had Pierzynski sign a 2005 World Series ROMLB to add to my set, which is now at 8 players and 2 coaches.

YEAR TO DATE: 18

SIT DOWN: 15
    ON THE GO: 3

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tuesday, March 20, 2018
    Chicago Blackhawks vs. Colorado Avalanche - United Center (Chicago, IL) - 1 Autograph (On the Go)

Brain Campbell (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 8x10 Photo

I was able to go to the Chicago Blackhawks vs. Colorado Avalanche game the other night. During intermissions, the local Blackhawks TV station broadcasts live from the United Center concourse. Former Blackhawks player and 2010 Stanley Cup Champion Brian Campbell is part of the broadcasting crew and I was able to have Campbell sign an 8x10 photo after the intermission broadcast was over. Campbell signed a 2010 Cup photo and added "2010 SC Champs" upon request.

YEAR TO DATE: 19
    SIT DOWN: 15
    ON THE GO: 4

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Very nice congrats

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, March 23, 2018
    Player Appearance - WhirlyBall (Chicago, IL) - 9 Autographs (Sit Down)

Jeremy Roenick (Chicago Blackhawks) - 5/4 8x10 Photos, 4/4 Pucks

Former Chicago Blackhawks player Jeremy Roenick was doing a meet and greet at WhirlyBall in Chicago, IL. Roenick is one of the nicest players to meet, and was signing everything fans had and talking with everyone. I got 4 8x10 photos and 4 pucks signed. He also had 8x10 photos that he was giving out so I got 1 of those as well. On 3 Blackhawks pucks, he added the inscriptions "513 Goals" on 2 pucks and "9x All Star" on the third puck. On a USA Hockey puck, he added "2010 US HOF." I got 5 8x10s and 4 pucks in total. Absolutely fantastic guy.

YEAR TO DATE: 28
    SIT DOWN: 24

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, March 31, 2018
    Player Appearance - Crickett Wireless (Chicago, IL) - 1 Autograph (Sit Down)

Kris Dunn (Chicago Bulls) - 1/1 8x10 Photos

Chicago Bulls point guard Kris Dunn made an appearance at Cricket Wireless in Chicago, IL. The line was pretty short which surprised me. I got 1 8x10 photo signed by him.

YEAR TO DATE: 29
    SIT DOWN: 25

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

""Kris Dunn (Chicago Bulls) - 1/1 8x10 Photos

Chicago Bulls point guard Kris Dunn made an appearance at Cricket Wireless in Chicago, IL. The line was pretty short which surprised me. I got 1 8x10 photo signed by him.""

Did he sign outside items, or only a promo photo?
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dunn was 1 per any item including outside stuff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast