Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Guy Here from Broncos Country

I haven't collected since I was a kid and couldn't ever spend the money back then anyway. I randomly had a thought to go buy a hobby box so I went to my local collectibles store. Ended up leaving with 3 boxes. Went back again the next day to buy 3 more. Ordered 4 more online the same morning. Basically, I went off the deep end.

I've already opened up way better stuff than I could ever dream of as a kid which helped my sudden binge go further. Whatever, it's exciting opening the boxes and seeing unique things that there are only so many of.

I'm mainly into football. I'll be seeking out Broncos stuff outside of doing box breaks. Not sure what direction I want to take with a collection or how far I'll go but I was thinking of getting a minimum of 1 or 2 AUTO/MEM cards for all first rounders from Denver Broncos, starting with the most recent draft and working back. I'll definitely seek out players I like from other teams too. I don't necessarily care about value of cards as much as I do the interest in the player, card line, team, design, etc. However, I do like having rarity and serial numbered stuff.

I stumbled upon COMC, looks like a great resource for finding good stuff.

Questions I haven't searched for yet but will if nobody answers here:

Is keeping the inventory up to date worth the time on here? Do many members use it? Is the trading very active on this forum specifically?
    Any other sites besides COMC as straightforward and easy to use to find players/teams/specific cards, etc and that you can actually purchase from?

Thanks for any help you can provide and looking forward to collecting.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Welcome to SCF and I use the Inventory Manager a lot. I use my inventory to see what cards I have and the ones I need (wantlist). I have 3400 cards in my Inventory Manager. There is a lot trading going on here. On the right side of the main page, you will see an area that shows "Top Traders of the Month".

This site has a lot to offer and you need to check it out.

Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Jay Ajayi and Saquon Barkley!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

4. Kronozio
    Quote Originally Posted by bakemeister52 View Post
    Welcome to SCF and I use the Inventory Manager a lot. I use my inventory to see what cards I have and the ones I need (wantlist). I have 3400 cards in my Inventory Manager. There is a lot trading going on here. On the right side of the main page, you will see an area that shows "Top Traders of the Month".

This site has a lot to offer and you need to check it out.
    Ok awesome, thanks very much!

milehighjp- Welcome to SCF! I have been a member for almost 15 years and this is the only site I am part of. I have done 2800 deals (the large majority have been trades) so I would consider the trading to be active here (but I always am looking for more).

Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Quote Originally Posted by JFried1029 View Post
    milehighjp- Welcome to SCF! I have been a member for almost 15 years and this is the only site I am part of. I have done 2800 deals (the large majority have been trades) so I would consider the trading to be active here (but I always am looking for more).
    Very nice, thanks for the input!

If your looking for any carlos henderson autos i will sell you some cheap..let me know

hello and welcome abord

I Collect Cleveland Browns,Drew Bledsoe

Welcome to SCF! And yes, I think it is useful to use SCF's Inventory to keep track of the cards you own, but also card's you're looking for and see if any other members have them. Very useful.

Best of luck!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Quote Originally Posted by wpt02790 View Post
    If your looking for any carlos henderson autos i will sell you some cheap..let me know
    Thanks for the replies everyone! Sure, I'd be interested. Can you message me what you have along with any pics? If you need an email address, I can give it to you there. I think my settings allow email too though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast