2017 Dynasty: When you pull the EXACT card you want!!! Jump UP!

Here is my story back when Luminaries came out I went to one our locals and bought a pack. Hit a Reggie Jackson auto, Hated Jackson back in the day and this was Reggie as an Angel to make it even worse. Paid, walked to the car, turned around back into the store and bought one more pack.

1st pack

After walking back into the store!

1/1!

Fast forward to today and the new owner of our local and I put a deal together and I have some store credit. My intent was to use the store credit for Black Diamond hockey or maybe UD Black. Get to the local but yesterday, "Young Terry" stopped by and bought every pack and box of new hockey in the store! Nothing so what am I going to do with my credit?

Walk around and nothing really interested me but sitting on the shelf were six packs of 2017 Dynasty. Huge gamble, but I have store credit! Right?

Pick out a pack:

Not what I was looking for! Have never been a Reds fan. Super player but a big disappointment.

Walk around the store and bust a box of Star Trek Beyond and this was one of the autos:

That was nice so I pay and head out to the car. But in the back of my mind I kept thinking, could there be a repeat like when I broke Luminaries? Could I pull something that would be major PC if I go back?

Of course, walk back in!!!!

One more pack!

Hit the EXACT PLAYER I was hoping for! What a feeling to get the very card I had wanted!

Doesn't happen often but when it does, you jump up and down.
    Last edited by ronfir; 01-16-2018 at 10:59 PM.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    good for you. I am glad someone has a little good luck and gets what they want. What I open is all retail and it always sucks!!
    I collect Nolan Ryan cards I do not have. I might trade for Ted Williams or Johnny Bench. Advise me if you are out of country before making a trade.

Wow congrats on the amazing luck!
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by michigandan View Post
    Sick card, congrats Ron!
    Thank you! It is about a 30 minute drive from my house to the local and driving over there I kept thinking, I hope I can pull a Dynasty Mike Trout, I hope I can pull a Mike Trout!

I wanted the Trout to go with this card that I had bought earlier in the week on eBay.

Pretty cool to add the Jeter and Trout to my collection in the same week.

Wow, now that is a really great story with some great cards involved. Congrats!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Awesome! Congrats

Sent from my iPad using SportsCardForum
    See Hidden Content for WTT & WTTF lists, galleries, and blogs.
    Favorite Teams: Mariners, Mets, Canucks, Penguins, Panthers, Islanders, Seahawks, Cal, Washington, Gonzaga