Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

Another way to showcase rookie cards

This idea just popped into my head as I was riding my exercise bike. I guess increased blood flow to the brain does have it's benefits. I don't have a lot of high end rookie cards, but I thought I'd like to display some of my favorites for easier viewing opportunities (players like Steve Yzerman, Joe Sakic, Ray Bourque, Mike Bossy, etc). The beauty of using Book Creator is that you can keep adding pages as needed, and print a hard copy if you don't want to leave it as a "virtual" book. I want to combine career stats (not overdoing this part) with the rookie card to show how their career played out. With Iggy's page I want to focus on his Flames stats, only mentioning that he played with other teams. I could use some fresh eyes to look at this for more ideas, and please feel free to offer suggestions for changes. Thanks!

ps. I didn't put his "final" NHL stats in yet, as I'm hoping he still gets a chance to play somewhere.

Rookie Card.2

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Very cool, especially that it can be printed as a hard copy when finished!

You do know that the Iginla card you used isn't a RC though, right?

Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

I've seen it listed as a rookie card, but honestly I wasn't that comfortable with it. Here's the one we usually see. Amazing considering his career what this card goes for.

Rookie card.3

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've seen it listed as a rookie card, but honestly I wasn't that comfortable with it. Here's the one we usually see. Amazing considering his career what this card goes for.

Its the era

Jagr, Fedorov, Brodeur, Bure, Kariya, Selanne ........ can anyone imagine if these guys had Cup RC Au Patches /99
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

Its the era

Jagr, Fedorov, Brodeur, Bure, Kariya, Selanne ........ can anyone imagine if these guys had Cup RC Au Patches /99

Agreed, I probably have a fist full of Sakic and Brodeur cards, wallet would definitely take a beating if I had to pick one up as a Cup ARP.

I'm looking for any constructive criticism or suggestions for my "card". I don't consider myself to be the most artistic person. This is a new direction for me, I can change grid style, colors, type of stats, etc. Anyone that has any ideas feel free to comment.
    Last edited by Uhtred.the.viking; 01-13-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

This is really cool. Such a great look!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Transferred Feedback
    HI (75)
    Country
    Calgary Flames

This is really cool. Such a great look!

Thanks! I decided to re-do the left side, just didn't feel right. The puck & flaming c were too big, and I felt I should get his official name included. Here is the new version that I just finished. I'm still experimenting with how to fill in grid boxes when the picture leaves empty spaces. Thickening borders and adding lines (eg. around the shield card) seem to work.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks! I decided to re-do the left side, just didn't feel right. The puck & flaming c were too big, and I felt I should get his official name included. Here is the new version that I just finished. I'm still experimenting with how to fill in grid boxes when the picture leaves empty spaces. Thickening borders and adding lines (eg. around the shield card) seem to work.

Reeeeeeeaaal nice updates. Loving the addition with the Cup shield card in the corner. Great touch. @Uhtred.the.viking

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice idea. Always nice to take a new direction in the hobby,

Don.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Cool idea.