Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

Ok now that i am not bottom paged anymore time for some of the good stuff!

Some of the best patches you can pull as a jets fan.

I was really looking to pick up the Flawless emerald Darnold last year about a month before i got married. I watched the auction for the whole week and placed a bid with 27 sec left. 27 is my favorite number. My bid was for $700. I lost the auction! I was like no way!? So i checked and of course i lost far and square. Mean while i also lost out on the NT sync signatures for Darnold & Namath also. I was feeling pretty defeated. If i had won that auction for $700 i would have been really hard pressed to pay for my wedding. As upset as i was for missing on the card i knew that i was lucky seeing as i had to pay for 125 plates of food lol. Fast forward to around dec 2019 to jan 2020 and i see this card go up for auction again. This time i watch it and make a bid at the end. I bid much less than $700 Darnold had an up and down year and lost some value so the card price dropped. I won the auction in the 400s graded a psa 10 where the last one i missed on was not graded at all.so i was stoked that it all worked out for me. Wedding was awesome and i got this card which has better patches than the one i lost and i go it much cheaper on my terms. Sometimes the good lord i there to guide you and i felt it with this one. The scan came out a bit off due to my scanner picking up the psa case as the focus.

Another story for you guys about the flawless one of one Fitzmagik .I seen this card on ebay fro months just watching it hoping the price would drop to about 120ish. it never did and i just could not bring my self to buy it once again due to the wedding. So i just wached it a couple times a week. Then one day after fitz was hot for Miami it was gone. I was sad to see it go thinking i would never see it again. Nex thing i know it shows back up on ebay posted by an account from Michigan. I am still attempting to pay for my wedding and it cant pull the trigger also the card is still priced at 150 and i wanted it at 120ish. I think i made a low ball offer just for the hell of it. It was denied and then sold. I was like yea now i will for sure never see this Fitzmagik card again. Then Sure enough its back!!! This time its listed by a seller in the land down under Australia, i was thinking like is this real life. how in the hell did this card get to Australia. Also it was priced at $120 and it was well after my wedding and i bought it on sight only to realize that shipping from Australia is killer lol. I still paid less than the 150 price but it was around 130 shipped. I am fine with that and none good ole Flawless Fitzmagik One of One has a forever home next to my Christian hackenbust from the same year one of one also.

I hope my tales have warmed your heart :)

oh also that Sanchez was graded a psa 9 in an ugly oversized case so i bust it out. I have the old tag with the card still but its not even a 10 so its pointless

p.s. post if you have similar experiences with missing out only to get it better down the road
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks
    See Swiggy56's Items on eBay

Those are some sick patches Cap'n.... Congrats!! Your collection is coming along very good. Keep it up
    I collect Seahawks Relic-GU & 1/1's

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

Thanks for the look Swiggy i had a feeling you would like the patches :)

So Jamal has left the Jets, sad day to be a Jets fans. Me, i was never a mega adams fan but i admit he was the life of the team. I think that the Jets GM did a great job getting the most out of the trade possible. The Seahawks got one hell of a player.

Some more sick patch action on this one!

I have gotten a bit behind on posting my newly acquired cards. I will get back to regular updates for you guys. Its not such a bad think since my collecting has slowed down.
    Last edited by Capt Forest; 07-26-2020 at 09:11 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

5 more cards. Most Jets fans will know these guys.

I think that chowder will have a big year this year

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Wow more great additions to your nice collection brother!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force

Wow more great additions to your nice collection brother!

Bake

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

I got alot of green in this update :)
    I am looking for Crowder to have a 90 catch year! I picked up some real nice Crowder stuff this past season and he made it worth it. I love the die cut stuff too

The Darnold and Anderson cards look epic. Cant go wrong with a logo patch either. I miss the Jets logo on the unis. Maybe they will add it on in a season or two.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

So i suppose now is the best time to address the elephant in the room regarding the "crown jewel" of my collection. My cracked ice Sam Darnold rookie contenders auto. This i paid 2k for this card when the hype was cooking for Darnold this offseason i saw the price go up to 3k on ebay. We all have seen the dumpster fire that is the 2020 NY Jets. As the Jets embrace full on tank for trevor i find myself torn. I have a financial interest in seeing Sam become the Star many thought he would be in NY. I also love the Jets and want to see them win. if the Jets win the trevor Lawrence sweepstakes Sam is a goner, but we cant expect Trevor to come into the same situation Sam just failed in and be successful. The entire coaching staff needs to go. I will be sad to see Darnold leave if thats what happens but i will embrace what ever direction the Jets go.

With all that off my chest here are 3 sweet 2 color patch autos.

Last edited by Capt Forest; 11-15-2020 at 03:42 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Ruff situation your in. Hopefully all those expensive Darnold cards are more for and brought you lots of personal joy rather than financial gain. What your potentially looking at is a big reason why I mostly spend on established retired players because I just couldn’t do it “for the money” because I’d loose my @$$ every time.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force

Some really nice additions to your PC. Thanks for sharing! I hope for the best with your Darnold cards!

Bake

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast