Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

My journey into SCF Hall of Fame as a New York Jets team *SUPER COLLECTOR*

I have been collecting cards for 18 years or since 2000 when I was in 4th grade. My father before me collected baseball cards. He used to tell me stories about how he would "flip" them with friends. Once he told me a story when he was an elementary schooler that he was flipping cards and the stack got huge and he lost, he told me that he wanted to cry after losing all his cards. Eventually he gave me all his baseball cards when I was an elementary schooler. I did not think anything about them but eventually i sorted them out. This story is to say that card collecting is in my blood.

The first cards i ever collected were pokemon cards! I loved it. It was such a rush opening packs and trading cards with friends and even kids i did not like. I still have all my pokemon cards. I started collecting Football cards in 10th grade which for me was 2006. I would get packs from walmart with a friend. Over the years I have added cards to the collection here and there with nothing really special about them. I think in total I had a couple cards over 2000 going into summer of 2017 when I just randomly searched ebay one night for Jets cards and the card I saw was this https://flic.kr/p/VM8nxS A triple auto of Joe Namath, Vinny Testaverde, and Tim Tebow. It was the first single i had ever bought on ebay.

Which brings me here! Ever since my friends and family saw the cards I was collecting they kept asking me "what for". At first I could not really answer that question. After I found this site and learned more about the ins and outs of being a collector I decided that becoming a New York Jets team Super Collector was going to be my "what for", my goal. I also as far as i know will be the very first recognized New York Jets team Super Collector on this site and dare i say... The world!

Now the requirements to become a team Super Collector are daunting and at first seemed way out of my grasp. So I will lay them out here.
    To apply for and reach Team Super Collector status, applications must meet the following requirements.

1st Requirement- Must have 5,000+ cards of a specific team (NFL or College). Requires at least 500 GU/Auto. You must have at least 1,500 Auto/GU/Rookie/1of1.

2nd Requirement- Memorabilia/Non Sportscard Pieces. True team collector applicants should be so diehard, that they have other aspects to their collection outside of sports cards. You must provide pictures of at least 10 pieces of Memorabilia/Non Sportscard items of the team you are applying.

3rd Requirement- Proof. We will need to see pictures, so please link your photobucket or website. If you are a Super Collector, we assume you would want to show your collection off! Let's see it! You should have the better portion of your Autos and Jerseys pictured at the very least. General pictures of binders or cases with base are acceptable.

4th - Post Count - You must have 300 posts on SCF or more to apply to the SCF Super Collector Program.

The card requirements alone are enormous.
    1. 9187/5000 total Jets cards (The bulk of the collection can be viewed in the video above)
    2. 978/500 Game used + Autographed Jets cards (All Auto and GU cards are displayed here on my flickr)
    3. ????/1500 Game used + Autographed + Rookie + 1/1 (I have lost count of all the rookie cards I have. so this number is no longer proper. Its way past the needed amount. the last I counted was 819 for reference)

So I am 0 cards short of 5000 but i am 0 cards short in the subcategory of gu+auto+rookie+1/1. This thread will document every single one of the last 193 cards remaining on my road to becoming a New York Jets team SUPER COLLECTOR!
    I am very excited and ready for this, I am stoked to be taking Sportscardfourm along for the ride!!!

My flickr can viewed here www.flickr.com/photos/jetnamath/albums/72157685796773725 or https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetnamath/ depending on how you like to view collections on flickr

For the 2nd requirement I will be updating this thread in time will all the non trading card related New York Jets stuff i have.
    You can see all my Jets memorabilia in this post 96 http://tinyurl.com/y645uomm

For the 3rd requirement the proof is in this thread for all of the world to see <3
    view here www.flickr.com/photos/jetnamath/albums/72157685796773725

For the 4th requirement I will in time have well over 300 post count
    post count now over 300

ALL REQUIREMENTS COMPLETE 4/3/19

The Crown Jewel

Last edited by Capt Forest; 07-26-2020 at 08:45 PM. Reason: update 35| 3 total cards added all auto/gu 0 other
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks
    See Swiggy56's Items on eBay

You got this! Go get it!! I hope to join you in that exclusive group one day. But with what I collect..... Not sure if it will happen
    I collect Seahawks Relic-GU & 1/1's

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome Jets collection! Congrats
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

So today I picked up some mail and the collection grew by 5 cards!

You got this! Go get it!! I hope to join you in that exclusive group one day. But with what I collect..... Not sure if it will happen

Thanks @swiggy56 my guesstimation is i will have the mission accomplished before 2019 :). Your collection is very unique and exclusive so if you met the requirements and also stayed within your own parameters you would eclipse a standard super collector. You would be an awesome collector! If you opened up and just took on big lots of seahawks as the opportunities came alone you would be a shoe in for the Hall!

Awesome Jets collection! Congrats

Thank you! @pwaldo What card or cards caught your eye?
    Last edited by Capt Forest; 01-15-2018 at 01:09 AM.

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Very nice my friend keep it up.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Very sweet and you are getting closer and closer and thanks for sharing!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

Cool

So this month i had a couple real nice paychecks come in so i went in on some high end stuff for my collection. Check this stuff out!!!

188. 187.

186. 185.

184. 183.

181. 180.

178. 177.

176. 175.

174. 173. 172.

171. 170.

Very nice my friend keep it up.

@lil5up3rman THANK YOU :) Do you have any that you find stick out to you?

Very sweet and you are getting closer and closer and thanks for sharing!

Yeah man! just knocked that total down 20 cards this week. Thank you for stopping in and keeping me sane through this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

very nice stuff. Congrats on a sweet collection so far..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks
    See Swiggy56's Items on eBay

Good pick ups!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@KiloSportsCards See kilosportscards's Items on eBay Instagram:

Nice! I have a ton of Jets. Check them out and see if you want to try to work something out.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast