I was at a dinner for the National Speakers Association with my good friend Harvey Mackay. Harvey told me I had to meet Joe Schmit. He and Joe were both Minnesota guys and Harvey said, “You’re going to Iove Joe’s new book.” I ended up talking to Joe for hours and didn’t want to leave. The guy’s thoughts and ideas were incredible. And Harvey was right, I LOVE his book. Recently I picked up a copy of Silent Impact and I couldn’t put it down. I sat down with Joe to discuss it and this excerpt about Joe Mauer’s impact on the people around him was a must-share. The subject of making a silent impact has caught my attention lately. After all, what’s more important than making an impact on the people around you? So, stayed tuned for more news about making a silent impact later in the week.
--

When Joe Mauer, All-Star catcher for the Minnesota Twins and 2009 American League MVP, was going to Cretin-Derham Hall High School in St. Paul, MN, in the late 90’s, he was the BMOC (Big Man on Campus.) Joe was tall, handsome, and one of the most talented high school athletes in Minnesota history. He was offered a full-ride scholarship to play quarterback at Florida State, he was an All-State guard in basketball, and he was the best high school baseball player in the country. Drafted first by the Minnesota Twins in 2001, Joe Mauer is the only catcher in MLB history to win three batting titles.
https://www.brandonsteiner.com/blogs...eid=cd0664a793