Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See superfly0914's Items on eBay

1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Emmitt Smith (stated print run of 30). Traded it for another box of Select Certified. Definitely not a good trade.

Also...
    1996-97 zForce Michael Jordan Big Man on Court
    1997-98 Hoops Frequent Flyer upgrade michael jordan
    1997-98 Zforce Rave Michael Jordan

I was 18 and out of work, and I REALLY wanted to but this sweet crush velvet navy blue Adidas sweat suit, so I sold them to the local card shop for $150. To this day I am angry at my 18 year old self for being so stupid. Ugghhh....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Boise State Broncos Pittsburgh Steelers Texas Rangers
    Member is PayPal Verified

I have a ton!

Attachment 135501 Attachment 135502 Attachment 135503
    Attachment 135507 Attachment 135504 Attachment 135505 Attachment 135506

ALL of the above cards are TRUE 1/1 RC's and I TRADED them in order to get higher-end Jameis true 1/1 RC's ... however I love trading and would rather trade than sell and buy anytime basically, so creating the trades and working through all the issues to "get er done" was fun too :-)

Those are sick!!!!
    For Trade:
    Hidden Content
    U.S. only. Due to rising postage cost trades under $10.00 will go out via PWE unless they are GU's or Auto's.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

In 2001 I was lucky enough to get a Joe Montana Auto Redemption out of Quantum Leaf. It was probably the best card I had ever pulled, this was when Montana was pretty much considered the GOAT. I sent it in and they screwed up and sent me Unitas instead. They said it was their mistake and I could either keep it or exchange it for the Montana. Even though the Montana was worth a little more at the time I really thought about keeping it but ultimately sent it back. Then Unitas passed away about a year later and as luck would have it I got another Montana auto out a pack a couple months later. Still probably my luckiest streak to get 2 Montana's so close together but really regret sending the Unitas back.

That's a cool story and both a tough loss and a great gain :-)

Man my list doesn't end lol. I've had multiple Tom Brady cards that I've traded probably 9 years ago that were sick but got some pc out of it which isn't bad at all! Had a Brady 3 color patch /15 and a Brady patch /10 which had part of the chin on the Patriot logo and I knew I should have kept it. Also traded one of my Philip Rivers RC autos for another Charger auto that we won't name (he was a bust and no not Ryan Leaf haha) and that's probably my biggest trade regret. I'd love to hear some other stories, hopefully not anything to cringe worthy!

Hard to lose cards of the GOAT but I'm more curious about the Chargers "bust" ... is it Ryan Matthews?

1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Emmitt Smith (stated print run of 30). Traded it for another box of Select Certified. Definitely not a good trade.

Also...
    1996-97 zForce Michael Jordan Big Man on Court
    1997-98 Hoops Frequent Flyer upgrade michael jordan
    1997-98 Zforce Rave Michael Jordan

I was 18 and out of work, and I REALLY wanted to but this sweet crush velvet navy blue Adidas sweat suit, so I sold them to the local card shop for $150. To this day I am angry at my 18 year old self for being so stupid. Ugghhh....

Those are some great cards ... but that crush velvet suit is retro chic, hahaha!

Thank you ... I hated having to trade them (and a lot more ... at one time I had around (70) true 1/1 Jameis RCs) ... but I just kept re-focusing my collection time and again until I felt like I got it just right ... OCD can be a pain at times, hahaha.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Just one.

I traded the Marino Topps rookie I pulled for a Bo Jackson Topps rookie to a card shop in 1991.

I was never really a Marino fan, and at the time it was a fair deal at the time considering I was trading with a dealer. Looking back now, yup, that was really, incredibly stupid of me, but I got what I wanted at the time.

The only other card I ever traded away was a Favre Stadium Club rookie I traded to another dealer for a Rod Smith jersey card that was new at the time. Also a dumb move, but I have another copy of the Favre.

Not the Marino though, and I do regret not keeping that card.
    Last edited by JWinn; 01-17-2018 at 05:00 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12