Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Fake Autos on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Fake Autos on eBay

I came across a seller on eBay with a whole bunch of IP autos (Crosby, Roy, Brodeur, LeBron etc) and as far as I can see these are as phony as a $3 bill. Is reporting this to eBay even worth my time? How can they tell if they are legit or not? It's just my word against his, but stuff like this just sticks in my craw.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Unfortunately that is the risk when purchasing IP autos.

While you bring up a pretty interesting dilemma, I'd caution against making a big deal about it. As you have already suggested, it is basically your word against theirs. Unless you can hold the cards in hand and have the skills and experience to ascertain whether an auto is legit or not I'd follow your own advice.

For what its worth, I have watched lots of auctions where someone refers to a card as a RC (and it's not) or tries to convince the buyer that their GEM graded card is the same as a BGS/PSA/SGC and it boils my blood. Unfortunately you can report to eBay all day long but unless you have definitive proof, they rarely remove an auction.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See Colosse000's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I wouldn't loose my time with that. Even if you report this seller to eBay, it won't stop scammers trying to sell fake ip autos... Me too, it bothers me, I tell myself that someone who knows less is probably going to get scammed… But unfortunately we can’t do anything about it, except to make people who are new to the hobby aware of the situation, just like you just did!
    Last edited by Colosse000; 01-17-2018 at 03:36 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See Colosse000's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My answer has been added 2 times sorry!
    Last edited by Colosse000; 01-17-2018 at 03:40 PM.