Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

O-pee-chee Topps Parallel 1995-96

Hi everyone,

I am just returning to hockey card collecting after many years of hibernation. I can see that collecting has totally changed in the intervening years. I am going to focus on old school set collecting. And, specifically, as I grew up with O-pee-chee in the 80's and early 90's - that is the brand I am sticking with.

I was wondering if folks have any suggestions as to the best way to start piecing together the 1995-96 O-pee-chee parallel set from Topps. Or if anyone knows where to buy a complete set. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm guessing that singles would run you in the 50 cent - $1 range if you're buying them online... and shipping would make the costs add up quickly.

COMC is a good site to buy singles from multiple sellers, and have them shipped all at once:

https://www.comc.com/Cards/Hockey/19...Details,p1,i12

Sportlots is another good one: https://www.sportlots.com

You can typically find inserts like that dirt cheap there... but you have to spend a time making sure you get them from the same seller (or same few sellers) to cut down on the ship costs.

If it was me: I'd search eBay for a larger lots. This is something I could see a lot of 50-100 cards selling for a few bucks on eBay (maybe even a completed set for a fairly low price). Get a decent sized lot or two, and then use sites like I mentioned above to pick away at what you still need.

Posting here is also useful, but trading for 90s stuff is more difficult than current issues.

You might still be able to find sealed boxes for cheap? I think the OPCs were one per pack.... but if you're paying anything more than 75 cents per pack (with shipping) I think you'd much better off with singles or lots.
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 01-18-2018 at 12:08 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Totally appreciate the advice Ranfordfan. E-bay has been my go to site so far - great to know about these other sites as I get back into the swing of things. E-bay seems to only have singles. I will check those other sites. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There are some of the cards from this set that are SPs that are fairly hard to find. After you search COMC and Sportlots, Center Ice Collectibles has a bunch, but they are $1-$3.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Mingus. This sounds like quite the undertaking. But I will give it a shot. Although also going to keep my eyes peeled to see if anyone has already put together the set!

SCF Rewards
    Country

i have about 100 cards from this set to sell at a good price including 28 cards from the sp serie, all in ex-mt condition,if interested you can contact me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I have a bunch of these as well, I can send you a list.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 11.47.18 PM.png
    Here are some I have. I know I have more, just not listed yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is great JayT. I am picking up those cards from Jean2Lala - will let you know which ones I need once I have them. Thanks a bunch!