Thread: Helmar art cards

Helmar art cards

Does anybody know anything about Helmar Brewing Company baseball art cards? Is there any legitimacy to them? The artwork is beautiful, and the vintage theme is appealing. They appear to be extremely limited, so it really does seem more like art than cardboard. But, not knowing anything about the company (and not having talked to anybody that has owned any), I'm hesitant. The price seems worth the gamble, considering the limited nature.

Here's the website with pictures of some of the artwork and sets offered...

https://www.helmarbrewing.com

The problem with any company (I'm talking generally and not specifically) is that there is really nothing stopping you from printing up more stuff at a later date. Upper Deck was accused of this early on in their history with them pumping out 1989 Ken Griffey Jr rookies to basically use as cash payments for stuff so it has alleged to have happened before and with a very large card company. I mean Topps or Panini could do the same thing but if word got out they would face the consequences. It would be much easier for a small fly by night company to screw people over in my opinion.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

They say (and this is part of why I am asking if anybody can back up this claim) that 40 (or fewer) of each card is made, and each card is offered for sale no more than 6 times each year.

The limited nature, beautiful artwork, and unique player selection are the draws for me.