Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Show & Tell Contest 10.0 - Week 17! Leg 5 in the UD RAK 'Em Up Contest!

For more information and rules about this contest, please see this thread.

The theme for this week is: Best memorabilia item (non card)

The theme will run from today until 11:59pm EST on Saturday, Jan. 27th, 2017

General Rules

1. You MUST post a new scan/picture of your card with your handwritten ID next to it in this thread.
    2. Only one submission per member per week.
    3. A card can only be submitted ONCE throughout the whole contest, so choose wisely.
    4. If you make a mistake, do NOT edit your post! Instead, create a new one, or your entry for the week will be disqualified. No exceptions.

* Any card that won in last years Show & Tell contest cannot be used again this year!

REMEMBER!
    EVERY entry will earn you 25cc!
    AND the more entries we get, the more points you can earn for our UF RAK 'EM Up Contest!
    50+ entries in a week: 3 points to the winner, 2 to 2nd place, 1 for 3rd

20-49 entries: 2 points to the winner, 1 for 2nd place
    Under 20 entries: 1 point to the winner

And of course... Don't forget about the prize!

An autographed 11x14 photo of Grant Fuhr!!!

Thank you to our good friends at Players Choice Sportscards & Collectibles for providing us with this beautiful photo. Be sure to check out their Facebook page!

Good luck!

Inserting the image directly in your post:
    When viewing the card in your photobucket.. Look to the right. Under "Share this photo", copy the direct link and simply paste it here.

The winner of week 15's Show & Tell Contest was bearlyjb! He will receive two points in the standings & 50cc.
    Second place goes to both Uhtred.the.viking and 09232003, who will each receive one point.
    Because we had less than 20 entries for week 14, bearlyjb will also receive 1 point for our UD RAK 'EM Up Contest.

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    On March 3, 1992, I was fortunate enough to attend the jersey retirement ceremony for Mike Bossy at Nassau Coliseum. Everyone in attendance received one of these commemorative 8 x 11 glossy sheets. Pretty cool for a local kid like me who was learning how to play hockey.

After the ceremony, the Islanders proceeded to lose to the Canadiens, 4-3. Boo!

Week17_Bossy.JPG

You might see some jerseys, some pucks, some sticks, etc. here, but I'm willing to wager this is the only piece like this you'll see. :)

Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hey @Pheebs888 get JC in here so you guys can show off your Club 1909 stuff!
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Oh he's already in here, care to enter something @roy996633 ?

Maybe not spectacular but a friend of mine got me this...It's the Skate sharpening list (showing the particular hallow for each player) for Team North America in the 2016 World Hockey Cup of Hockey. The Towel was used to wipe the blade along after sharpening.
    100_6999.JPG100_7000.JPG
    My Website - Hidden Content
    My Want List - Hidden Content
    My want List on Excel -Hidden Content
    PM is the best way to contact me.

My birthday is in early April, always an exciting time with Stanley Cup playoffs on the horizon. Back in 2011 Iggy was still a member of the Flames. The team was practicing at one of the smaller arenas in the city, and my son tracked them down. He approached Iggy in the parking lot, with a request for an auto, and happened to mention that it was his dad's (me) birthday. Iggy personalized the auto, and my son presented it to me the same day. I've framed it and put it up in my den, where I can see it every day. Might not be much of a collectible to anyone else, but it means the world to me.

This is the Leafs program from the most memorable game I ever attended (as a 7 year old with my Dad) - Darryl Sittlers 10 point night in 1976

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking for: Panini Prime Colors, One-Timers and Jumbo Patches!
    Photobucket: Hidden Content

I will put this up.

5381B12A-AAD9-42AA-A8CF-B8F9AEA3F0F9.jpeg

A little story:

If you notice Bill G signed originally in silver marker. The problem was the marker broke and Bill was freaking out that it might bleed on the Gordie Howe. I loved how he was concerned about my item. Class act in my book.

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Ok, so something a little different, and not what I was originally going to enter. Living in Calgary offers up opportunities to cross paths with people that have associations with the Flames personnel - be it players or staff. One night, over a couple of wobblies, a friend tells me he has all sorts of Flames and shows up a week later with a handful of game used equipment and sticks for me! Pics below are of Robyn Regehr's gloves. Certainly not a glamorous player, but he was a Silver medalist for the Junior team, a WCH champion, played on the Canada Olympic team, and won a Stanley Cup in 2014.

Below are a few photos, these are not your average gloves. On one hand there is a layer of plastic molded on to the glove, this was added to protect a hand injury, the plastic was white which would attract attention for other players to hack at his injury, so they colored it black. I found out the old Flames Equipment manager, Gus Thorsen, was working at Canada Olympic Park, so I took the gloves down to him to "verify" them. He put them on and said "yup, that's my work". He pointed out that the 2 end fingers on hand, he cut them open and stitched them together as Robyn had another injury and taped the 2 fingers together and this was the only way he could wear them!

So, not an average pair of GU gloves, they have plenty of wear, have a plastic shell molded on to protect his hand, and were doctored by Gus to allow Robyn to play through injuries.

regehr 1.jpg

regehr 2.jpgregehr 5.jpg

regehr 4 shell lg.JPGregehr 4 shell sm.JPGregehr 3.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast