Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Paypal Dispute advice

Please Note - Rdaveigajr will ship to the following countries: Any Country

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Sacramento Kings San Francisco Giants
    See rdaveigajr85's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Paypal Dispute advice

Sold this card for $165 Paypal
    Scan_20180114 (3) by Richard DaVeiga, on Flickr

Buyer Filed claim saying was damage. Sent me this image.
    538215208 by Richard DaVeiga, on Flickr

I sent Paypal these images showing the difference in the dimples left of the RC Logo

One I sold
    Scan_20180114 (5)_LI by Richard DaVeiga, on Flickr

Image sent by buyer
    538215208_LI (2) by Richard DaVeiga, on Flickr

Now Paypal is holding $165 from my account, Until case is reviewed any thoughts on how long it takes to be resolved? Or what to expect. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

It's obviously not the same card - anyone who takes 2 seconds to look can see that. Hopefully Paypal is able to see though this scam and make the discernment. Much will depend on both parties E-Bay history, and how thoughtful the Paypal mediator is. Fortunately I haven't had many disputes to fight, but in my experience they close it pretty quickly, within like 1- 2 days. If they for some chance favor with the buyer I would not let this go. The buyer is attempting to commit fraud for a decent chunk of change, and most states don't take that too lightly. Let us know how it goes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

On a side note, you gotta be real careful when you sell anything. ALWAYS keep all your USPS receipts, and NEVER send anything without tracking. I will do PWE's here, but NEVER on E-Bay. If the buyer says they never received anything you have no recourse. Paypal/Ebay will ALWAYS side with the buyer in those instances.

Recently, I sold 5 different items/auctions to 1 buyer. Because they made 1 payment for everything, I only posted the tracking info for 1 of the 5 auctions/purchases, so 4 of the 5 auctions technically didn't show that they were shipped. Well, a few weeks after the items were shipped and received, the buyer says that they never received 4 of the 5 items. So, Paypal held funds and went through the mediation process. Even though they quickly sided with me, it was still a hassle and compromised the integrity of the E-Bay buyer/seller relationship. For me this is all a hobby, so I take it very personally when someone tries to unscrupulously get over on me and sour my hobby experience. Bad people are everywhere and you cannot escape them anywhere which is really sad.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Call Paypal and talk to someone and explain it's not the same card. If you don't talk to someone sometimes they do not take a close look, etc... and will just make a judgement to return item and move on. Call them and talk to someone, explain your side. I had to recently do this with a cell phone that became blocked after a month, technically it still worked but couldn't use it as a phone due to carrier block. The initally decided in sellers favor until i called and explained the situation.