Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Is this forum dead

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is this forum dead

No one replys or help other completes set wth ....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

There has never been much of a wrestling community on this site- there simply arent enough products to drive a lot of demand...

Ed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

No one replys or help other completes set wth ....

I am hopeful that some upcoming changes I plan to introduce will help in engagement

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think the problem is with the sets themselves. One hobby box gets you substantially all of the base set with a couple insert cards missing, a couple hits, and no doubles. That's not trade-friendly...

SCF Rewards
    Country

yea i just skip boxes all together and buy master sets on ebay for a 1/3 of the price of a box or less.figure ill only get a few of each insert set in a box so i save money and lose out on the hits and get everything else for cheaper.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

agree with imthegrinch

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

The products really havent excited me recently- as others have said, the hits are ho hum and the boxes are way too expensive. Kind of the problem with most boxes in all sports right now...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (411)
    Country
    See TKCards's Items on eBay

the hits are ho hum and the boxes are way too expensive. Kind of the problem with most boxes in all sports right now...

Ed, You don't open much WWE do you? If you did, you wouldn't think that boxes are expensive. WWE boxes are priced in the 45-50.00 range for most products and contain 24 packs, with 2 hits, including a guaranteed autograph and in most cases, a complete base set per box. A baseball, football, hockey or basketball box with that content would run you at least 100.00 per box.

I quit buying the major sports because i got sick of spending 100 bucks to pull a 10.00 autograph card, a patch card #/25 with a 1 color swatch and maybe 25% of the base set. Plus the increased chances of puling a redemption card that takes 6-8 months to redeem. If you want to open a case, most products are 12 boxes and cost you about $1,200.00.

I open WWE and many Non-sports almost exclusively. When 2018 WWE Road to Wrestlemania came out, I paid $380.00 for an 8 box case with at least 24 hits and 8-10 complete base sets, plus all the inserts and parallels. The last sports case I opened was 2005 SPX football. Three of the cases of Road to Wrestlemania I opened in the last few months cost me the same as that SPX case.

Hmmmmm, 24 boxes of WWE vs. 12 boxes of SPX? Looks like a no brainer to me.

Is the form dead? I think it's bigger than that. I think site in general is dead. I used to spend a lot of time on SCF, but the traffic died and it wasn't fun anymore. Now I only check this site about every 3 to 4 weeks. I just checked the Baseball Trading and Buy/Sell/Trade Forums and there are currently about 5 pages of new threads so far, in the month of March. Then I checked Blowout and there are 41 pages of new forums so far in March. I'm on Blowout every day because there is lots of traffic.

I am hopeful that SCF can get back to the way it was years ago.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was mostly say why don't other collectors help others finish there sets . I see the relic and autos get traded around but where are the commons cards people have that would help others out ....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (411)
    Country
    See TKCards's Items on eBay

In most cases, at least for me its because the person looking for singles doesn't have anything I need in return. For example, if you posted a thread needing RTWM singles and had other singles for trade, I already have a whole box of singles and don't need any more.