Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom project

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry, more questions (it's a compliment)...

Any rhyme or reason to why some players got base cards, multi player cards, traded cards, etc?

For example... Tony Gwynn has an 82 Traded card (according to the red back) but Boggs has has a multi player card in the flagship set. Also, you have Morris and Trammell on a multi player card, even though they were already included on multi player cards in 1978, and Trammell made his debut in 1977.

Not trying to be nitpicky. Just wanting to find out what the thought process was.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There was some thought put into it.. Maybe not as much as there should have been in some instances.. It was a little easier for players after 1981 with the traded sets. Sandberg and Ripken are numbered as an extension of the traded set. They only had cups of coffee in 1981. Same with Gwynn in 1982. Boggs was much further along as a prospect and played 100 something games in 1982. That same reasoning puts Puckett in the 84 Traded set. The 86, 87 and 88 cards could certainly be argued for Traded status, but I didn't. Couldn't tell you why. The 1978 Tigers card is strictly fantasy. The 78 Rookie cards were by position, but the Tigers had 4 legit rookies in 78 so I thought it would be cool to see them all on one card. Same thing with the 73 Schmidt/Brett/Cey card and the 67 Ryan/Bench card. I did make a 1977 Trammell and a 1972 Schmidt/Boone card. Not pictured obviously. So maybe eventually I'll get around to a 66 Ryan and 77 Jack Morris. The Brooks Robinson also should have been a 55 card. Aside from all that I think the only missing ones are Mazeroski, Fingers and Gossage.

Sorry, more questions (it's a compliment)...

Any rhyme or reason to why some players got base cards, multi player cards, traded cards, etc?

For example... Tony Gwynn has an 82 Traded card (according to the red back) but Boggs has has a multi player card in the flagship set. Also, you have Morris and Trammell on a multi player card, even though they were already included on multi player cards in 1978, and Trammell made his debut in 1977.

Not trying to be nitpicky. Just wanting to find out what the thought process was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12