Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is why you should't be a jerk when graphing...

It only takes a few to ruin it for everybody...

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...d-towards-kids

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Problem is some athlete do not stop and sign for everyone so folks tend to do their best to jockey for position. I can honestly say I when it get like that I sit back and watch as to me it not worth it. I love watching grapher pull out all the tricks. One of the best I seen was a friend use a kid in a wheelchair who was in no position to get a auto. My friend position the kid in a spot where he got the attention of Mario and Crosby and got one of their autograph as they came by and then sweetly landed one from himself. I have teased him about this for years but he said he helped the kid get a auto of Mario. So I guess it all how you look at it the glass half full or half empty. In the end I just wish the athlete would take the time to personal things to prevent people from selling on eBay and the secondary market. If they did this how many of those people would take the time to chase autographs when their was no DOLLARS to be made.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Don,

Many collectors out there are not making money from autographs and would prefer to have an item personalized. I for one have built a large collection and realize that I would have to invest a lot of money to get items certified and would spend more in many cases than what the auto is worth to get that done. In Person autographing for most collectors is not a revenue stream and the few that use it that way ruins it for others, just the same as those who are rude! It is sick to hear someone cutting in front of or using kids and those with disabilities to get signatures. The only problem with the new policy that I see is that I would not want my 10-14 year old out in an area without a parent or trusted adult around. All that happens is the jerks who make up their own worthless COAs and pay folks to get sigs for them will just now be paying kids to get those autos to sell on eblah! I have said it before and will say it again treat the other auto hounds and athletes with respect! I always allow kids in front of me when I do try to graph IP as I am sure the auto will mean more to them. Please, thank you, limited item(s) and basic respect for others is all that is needed. Thanks for sharing another great article and shame for those few who are ruining the hobby for the many!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Don,

Many collectors out there are not making money from autographs and would prefer to have an item personalized. I for one have built a large collection and realize that I would have to invest a lot of money to get items certified and would spend more in many cases than what the auto is worth to get that done. In Person autographing for most collectors is not a revenue stream and the few that use it that way ruins it for others, just the same as those who are rude! It is sick to hear someone cutting in front of or using kids and those with disabilities to get signatures. The only problem with the new policy that I see is that I would not want my 10-14 year old out in an area without a parent or trusted adult around. All that happens is the jerks who make up their own worthless COAs and pay folks to get sigs for them will just now be paying kids to get those autos to sell on eblah! I have said it before and will say it again treat the other auto hounds and athletes with respect! I always allow kids in front of me when I do try to graph IP as I am sure the auto will mean more to them. Please, thank you, limited item(s) and basic respect for others is all that is needed. Thanks for sharing another great article and shame for those few who are ruining the hobby for the many!

I will disagree with you as when you say many to me that means more than 50 percent. I have Only seen a handful ask for a personalization with their name on a given item. Being to Nationals, cardshow, athlete signings, out graphing most do not ask for inscriptions. When I go outside the arena there are always a few of the same folks there who I know sell as they have ebay accounts. So when I see a jersey signed go up on eBay from this account located to that location I was at with the exact item I seen sign.

I agree if more people were respectful we would not have this problem.

Don