Please Post All Your eBay Issues Here (Please Read)

In order to free up the Basketball Card Talk forum from the increasing clutter of eBay related topics, SCF asks that members post all eBay problems/issues/questions/etc. in this thread.

The Basketball Card Talk forum is meant to be a discussion section for new products, questions about certain cards, and related topics. In recent weeks and months there has become a growing preponderance of eBay problem threads (many of which are personal/private issues that have no bearing on others) and it has made it increasingly difficult to locate threads which are solely about basketball cards.

The types of threads that we will want to see lumped into this section include, but are not limited to:

• [eBay Member] is a deadbeat - report here to notify people to block as needed
    • [eBay Member] didn't send my card, what should I do?
    • Problems with shipping/PayPal
    • Prices people charge for shipping
    • Cards that arrive damaged via eBay
    • Is [eBay Member] shilling his auctions?

A couple quick rule reminders:

Section 5.08 Please do not post any trader information such as addresses, feedback or email addresses directly on the forums. This is private information.

Section 8.04 Direct or indirect personal attacks are strictly not permitted. Insults and negative attitudes are not allowed. It is better to walk away from a possible confrontation and come back with constructive arguments after you have cooled off.

With regards to Rule 8.04, please keep your posts restricted to being informative to the general membership. Stick to the facts. Leave the name-calling, etc. out of it. You never know which eBay members are also SCF members who may read your posts. We don't want to have people's eBay problems carrying over to SCF.

All new threads that are created in the forum will be folded into this discussion topic without notice.

There will be exceptions to this on a case-by-case basis should the issue be deemed by SCF staff to be left as a standalone topic - this will be rare and limited to those topics which have a massive impact on many members of the hobby, not just an individual issue.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact a staff member.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    eBay garbage - so many crooks. How easy is it to pretend that you are selling a 100-200 dollar card and then disappear when PayPal gives you money.

Luckily eBay has buyer protection, but it sucks to have to wait a month before you get anything back-and that whole time you just want to catch any crooks that you can-right in the act, so you can beat the hell out of them with a baseball bat.

Second- send me the card economy shipping and don’t over charge me. If it’s an expensive card-then please charge me 2.66 for it-not 5.49. I’m tired of buying a few cards for 3 bucks a piece. I go on a spending spree and treat myself to 3 or 4 base cards for 1.99 a piece but when I got to checkout, my total is close to $30 bucks.

eBay is an awesome tool for traders. I might be trading with cash as an intermediate, but at least I can trade cards. The only kids that I knew who knew anything about trading cards when I was a kid ended up stealing a couple of my good ones.