Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Card lot price check? Bulk sale.

Hi all,
    I picked up this lot for my brother, but turned out he only wanted a few small items.
    I have no use for any of it, so I'd rather move it along in a bulk sale.
    If anyone can make out the writing on the ball that would be nice.

http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/vs...?sort=3&page=1

Any pricing advice would be great.

Thanks much

2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store

What are you wanting for all of it? I'm really just interested in the Traded sets and the 1993 Leaf box (assuming it is full of packs).
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Thank you for the info faceoff77. Would that hold any value or would it be a dime a dozen?

WizardofOz1982, I'm not really looking to part it out, unless some items would be worth it. I don't have a feel for the price of the lot (hence this post), although feel free to send me an offer through PM if you're interested and we can go from there.

Thank for the help

Well he's a Hall of Famer. The fact that it's inscribed specifically to someone probably devalues it.

Big lot of mostly junk wax era stuff. For the most part, this is only good for the nostalgia factor. Most likely, it would cost more to ship it than it is worth.

Not trying to rain on anybody's parade... Just being straight up.

Shipping is going to be killer on that lot, assuming those cases are complete. Like @CardsAndPhils said it's going to cost more to ship likely than the whole lot is worth. You might do okay parting it out though. The '87 Topps Wax Cases are going for ~$220 on ebay right now, if they're sealed. Honestly the fact that everything is open worries me. Wax packs are too easy to open and reseal. It wouldn't shock me if somewhere down the line 20 years ago all the cards of any quality went poof.

I'd be interested in the box that has the Topps Traded sets (assuming they're complete) in it, the 1993 Leaf Series 1 box, and the 1988 Score Traded (assuming it is complete) if you decide to part it out. I think shipping would just kill it otherwise.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content

CardsAndPhils- Thanks for the insight. I would rather hear the truth then someone lie and tell me it's worth tens of thousands.

WizardofOz1982- Thanks for the info. I'd rather not have the bother of parting items out, especially if those items are going to be $10 here, $20 there. If it was for $100, then I would be more willing to. If I listed everything up locally for $500, do you think that would be fair, given the cases are selling around $200 each?

Thanks for all the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by vsa2257 View Post
    CardsAndPhils- Thanks for the insight. I would rather hear the truth then someone lie and tell me it's worth tens of thousands.

WizardofOz1982- Thanks for the info. I'd rather not have the bother of parting items out, especially if those items are going to be $10 here, $20 there. If it was for $100, then I would be more willing to. If I listed everything up locally for $500, do you think that would be fair, given the cases are selling around $200 each?

No clue what your local baseball card community is like. If I offered it around here for that I'd likely still have it this time next year.

Sent from my VS995 using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by vsa2257 View Post

Since there is a lot of stuff there (and much of it identical), your most likely buyer is somebody that will flip it locally. Somebody like that will only pay 35-50% of retail. Assuming that a customer of that flipper would be willing to pay about the same locally as they would for the same product (plus shipping) online, we can make a reasonable estimate.

A large chunk of what you have are two cases of 1987 Topps wax. The lowest recent eBay sale was $2.39 plus $9.26 shipping. Let's call it $10 per box (that's what a seller would get after fees, and it makes for easy math). That's 40 x 10 = $400 (retail). There's two cases of 1987 rack packs. The lowest recent eBay sale was $4.25 plus $12.50 shipping. Let's call that $15 per box (again, after fees and easy math). That's 6 x 15 = $90 (retail). I'm seeing another 18 wax boxes of the same era and 4 cello boxes of the same era (but not sure of the exact year because the boxes were generic and used for several years). Let's simplify that and call it another 20 box case at $200 retail (being a little generous there, because half of the boxes do not have the strong rookie class that 1987 had, but for estimates sake, this will suffice). You also have a couple hand collated sets, a couple of factory sets, a box of various stuff, and some looseys. Let's play it conservative and say $60 retail for all of that.

$400
    + 60
    ----------
    $750

A third of that is $250 half of that is $375.

I would ask $300 and happily accept the first offer over $200. Obviously, if somebody needs it shipped to them, you'll have to adjust as necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast