Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Winnipeg Jets

Questions regarding TTM requests

Being new to the TTM game I have a couple questions but have a tough time finding answers with the search bar. Hopefully someone has some suggestions for me:

1. When sending from Canada to USA and vice versa, what do I need to know about items (eg. puck) going through customs in regards to fees?

2. When sending a player card TTM for an auto, do you put the card in a small ziploc, plastic sleeve or leave it loose? Will it smudge..?

3. Do you guys normally send a normal small SASE or a slightly bigger one just in case they add an extra photo?

I don't want to miss out on any opportunities. Any suggestions help guys.

Thanks,

Justin

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't help you with the first question.

Second question.I send them loose and have never had a problem.Some send them in card savers,which gives more protection.

Third question.I use 4 1/8 x 9 1/2 business envelopes for cards or postcard size pictures.They seem to work fine for me.
    Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Perfect thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Hi, I can't help with the 1st one either. But for the 2nd question, I almost always send trading cards for TTM, and I put my cards between two index cards, which I tape together at one end. This offers some protection, and every once in a while, the player signs the index cards as well. I know some people put their cards in top loaders, and some people have had returns where the athlete signed the top-loader, and not the card!

For the 3rd question, I don't send a larger envelope. There are a couple of players that will send something extra, and you can usually see that in the TTMM (Raymond Berry and Jeff George come to mind). However, that is a rarity, and every once in awhile if they do send something extra, it is a card anyway, so it fits in the same envelope. I send a regular small envelope SASE.

-arfmax
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't help with the first question.

I typically just send the cards loose, as I have heard enough stories about players signing penny sleeves, top loaders, etc. O have only received one smudged autograph.

I usually send a #4 envelope (SASE) inside of a #8 envelope, and have never had a problem.
    Last edited by CardsAndPhils; 02-15-2018 at 09:31 AM.

TTM Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Cleveland Cavaliers
    See jametagli_0's Items on eBay

i never try to protect the cards with sleeves, makes it easier on the recipient, and try to use a "peel and stick" envelope for return, saves on all that envelope licking, folks will appreciate that

TTM Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Cleveland Cavaliers
    See jametagli_0's Items on eBay

also there are no fees for crossing through the us/canada border. but make sure you have the correct stamp on the inside of the envelope to get it back to the US or Canada or vice versa, international mail will always take a little longer, but things that look like letter will pass right through

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice thanks for all the suggestions guys, this helps me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

I believe if you send in a toploader you need more than 1 stamp as it is too rigid to go through the machines. I'd check with the post office before sending out if that is your plan.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds good thank you. An extra stamp never hurts when I'm unsure