Is it worth sending this to PSA for authentication?

I picked up this Roy IP auto from a shop in Toronto many years ago. I know generally IP autos are not worth getting authenticated, but this one strikes me as really nice as it is his old style auto. I'm fairly confident on its authenticity. If I were to do it, would it increase any sale value if I did intend to move it down the road? If I send to PSA do I have to send with tracking and all that? I'd be willing to roll the dice with regular mail because as it sits the value is not particularly high. Let me know!

RoyProSet.jpg

I would cause it would drive me crazy not knowing.

Donoran
    Last edited by donoran; 02-10-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: typo

I have no idea what it would cost you to send it to them, authentication price, and return shipping, but I would guess over $20. The card itself isn't worth that price. Plus you can buy a Nice Roy Auto for under $50 on ebay, so I would save my $20+ and put it towards that.

If you plan on keeping it forever and you want it authenticated, that's the only way I can see getting it authenticated. But in my opinion, its not worth it.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Daniel Sprong, Top Player Autos and Rookies

Quote Originally Posted by theboxbreaker96 View Post
    I have no idea what it would cost you to send it to them, authentication price, and return shipping, but I would guess over $20. The card itself isn't worth that price. Plus you can buy a Nice Roy Auto for under $50 on ebay, so I would save my $20+ and put it towards that.

If you plan on keeping it forever and you want it authenticated, that's the only way I can see getting it authenticated. But in my opinion, its not worth it.
    I already have a couple Roy autos (UD, Panini) so that's not the concern. It's mostly that this old style auto looks really sharp compared to his stuff from the last few years. If it's $20 it might just be worth it to have it slabbed, looks nicer. If it's more...maybe not.

Looks like you're in Canada.. Shipping alone will be more than $20 US.. The cost to have a Patrick Roy autograph authenticated by PSA/DNA is $30 US.. I say you'd be looking at close to $75 US by the time you ship it there and back..

P-C
    --
    Always looking to add Montreal Canadiens certified autographs to my PC
    STOP KILLING SHARKS - Keep sharks in the Ocean and out of the soup
    I have a U.S address, let's trade!

My Hidden Content