Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

adiddle and family IP for 2018

Thought I would get this ready for the year.

Need to post a story I just saw on MLB which is close to those of us who attend the Atlantic League games also for Pedroia the best (Bryan) who is a LI Ducks fan and lets not forget the Mets fans

Story is Mets legend and Ducks owner Bud Harrelson has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. He seems to be in good spirts but just wonder what will happen to his being at the Ducks games. He is an icon there and always there for the fans. I wish him the very best
    Last edited by adiddle; 02-12-2018 at 10:46 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

My first IP of 2018
    My wife surprised me with signing me up for a book signing in North Jersey with Ron Guidry.
    Great I said and checked the website of Bookends and it said nothing about not bringing other items so got my Yankees book and 87T and we took off. Got to love GPS as it took us 1 hour and 50 minutes to get there thru the bowels of a North Jersey city that will remain unnamed. Got to the store 1/12 hours early and there were 10 people in line and they suggested we get something to eat. We got back and there were about 100 people in line. Most of them were walk ins. Had to wait about 1/2 hour until Ron arrived and then the shoe dropped. The announcement was made that Ron would only sign the book and take pictures. You could hear the sighs of disappointment as people started to pack up their items. Turns out because of his contractual he was unable to sign private items. Took me about 40 minutes in line to get the book signed as he was quick.
    My wife said you should be happy to meet and have a picture with Ron. I said I am its just that the store should have posted that deal before so as not to deflate the people that did brings items.
    So I do have another signed book for my collection

Book is Gator My Life in Pinstripes.

While there my wife signed up for another up coming signing end of April in Candace Cameron Bure
    Guess I will be going back and we found a quicker way to get there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Forgot to post my IP days for the Somerset Patriots fan fest and spring training. I have cut back quite a bit this year as far as how many members from all sites I deal with. So far only 2 members that have contacted me I have agreed to work with. I have refused others that have contacted me so far. I am tired of doing quite a few items for members for nothing in return.
    With that here is my fan fest day

Today was fan fest for the Patriots.
    Normally it runs from 12 to 3 PM and that did not change.
    They normally have Sparky Lyle form 12-1 Coaches from 1-2 and a couple of players from 2-3
    Today it was different they had four signing session from 12-2 and 1/2 hour in length each.
    No Sparky Lyle today just the coaches and 8 players which was fine by me

Here is what I was able to get
    Team Sheet
    Michael Antonini
    Glen Barker
    Foxy Beyer
    Endy Chavez
    Mike Fransoso
    Jon Hunton
    Brett Jodie
    Scott Kelly
    Justin Pacchioli
    Nate Roe
    Kyle Roller
    David Palladino he was signed from todays tryouts he was the player I did not know when he was signing my team sheet. Patriots just posted this a short time ago and also thanks to dougvereecke who let me know.

Cards

Mike Antonini 2/2 EL
    Glen Barker 2/2 EL
    Endy Chavez 4/9 3 EL
    Jon Hunton EL
    Brett Jodie EL
    Justin Pacchioli EL
    Nate Roe 2/2 EL
    Kyle Roller 1/1 EL

Next up is Spring Training this week and hope to go Thursday and Friday.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Here is my day from yesterday
    Went to my first spring training session this year. Was suppose to be at 9:30 but moved to noon. At fan fest I was able to get 11 players and coaches on cards and my team sheet. Was not sure how today was going to go but did very well. If it did not start to rain about 1 hour into the session I believe I could have completed everyone there.

I only need Kelly, McCurry, Molleken, Castellanos, and Borbon. As of now Molleken is MIA with visa issues.

Here is what I was able to do

Team sheet

Dustin Antolin
    Duane Below
    Trevor Foss
    Chase Huctingson
    Logan Kensing
    Aaron Laffey
    Vince Molesky
    Brett Oberholtzer
    Cory Riordan
    Rick Teasley
    Yovan Gonzalez
    Alfonso Reda
    Adam Weisenburger
    Aaron Dudley
    Craig Massey
    Alfredo Rodriguez
    Justin Trapp
    Danny Dorn

On Cards

Duane Below 1/1 EL
    Danny Dorn 1/1 Otter
    Aaron Dudly 1/1 EL
    Yovan Gonzalez 1/1 EL
    Cory Riordan 4/4 All EL
    Rick Teasley 3/3 2 EL
    Adam Weisenburger 2/2 both EL

The only other player not there was Endy Chavez who I have a ton of cards for as he was nursing a sore toe issue and is day to day. Will be going back on Sunday and hope to complete the last of the players and get some signed by Endy as he is still a 2-3 per which will take me about 10-12 time with him

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tried to finish off Somerset today during ST but could no. About 6 players did show up today. Kelly being one and Molleken was still not there. Also Chavez must still be hurt as he was not there.

Team Sheet

Julio Borbon
    Alex Castellanos
    Randy McCury

Cards

Julio Borbon 2/2 1 Otter
    Alex Castellanos 2/2 1 EL
    Randy McCurry 1/1 EL

Trying to go Tuesday one last time before season starts.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Yesterday was a very long day for me so just getting my chance to post from that
    First my son and I went to the morning session of Patriots practice. We left the house at 10 AM. We stayed until about 2:30 as they had a practice game with York but had to leave. Got home and changed vehicles and went with my wife for her book signing with Candace Cameron Bure in North Jersey a little over and hour away. Stood in line for 2 hours then ate dinner and got home about 10 PM. Whew long day for me but got to spend time with the son in the morning and the wife at night. Not bad
    Anyway here is what we got yesterday

Candace Cameron Bure book Kind is the New Classy, Candace even with signing for almost 3 hours stopped and talked to each person and was very friendly. My wife asked her a few question about her Aurora Teagarden movies and what she like to do best in acting,directing or writing. Would go see her again

Patriots and York

I know Amy already posted it but before the start of the practice session the beat writer for the Patriots told me about Brett Oberholtzer being signed late Monday night. I wish him luck but would have liked to see him pitch once as he looked like had had good stuff
    Today was just really cleanup day.
    Still did not get Ryan Kelly on my team sheet as he was not there AGAIN and Dustin Mollekin still having visa problems

Julio Borbon My Orioles book
    Endy Chavez 9/9 6 EL 3 Mike

York
    Alexi Casilla 1/1

Had a card for Ross Detwiler but he did not travel with the team

First game is Friday weather permitting

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Last night Somerset vs Road Warriors

Somerset

Team Sheet
    Sparky Lyle
    Dustin Molleken

Cards
    Dustin Molleken 2/2 both EL

Road Warriors

Ellie Rodriguez 1/1 dougvereecke
    Willie Gabay 1/1 dougvereecke

Next game Sunday for autograph Sunday and hope to finally get the elusive Ryan Kelly on the team sheet as he is the last player for now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Today did the first game against the Road Warriors and ran into pete27 along with our other friends Jordan and Jeff.
    Not much today just cleaning up some Endy Chavez cards since I have quite a bit
    Here is what I got

Endy Chavez 6/6 2 Mike also an 8 x 10 also for MIke

Ryan Kelly on my team sheet so that is up to date.

Next game Tuesday with Long Island. Lets see how many graphers come out of the woodwork for KROD

I need about 20 players and I can only see them Tuesday this time around so I hope its not a zoo

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonight's game Somerset vs Long Island Ducks. I was surprised as there was just myself and one other grapher.
    As far as players signing I hope it was that they could not hear me through the screaming parents for their children on the field or the players just completely ignored me.
    Pitchers had covers and hoods so that was tough.Did not see Jurrgens and there was someone that may have been KROD came out late but not sure. Missed Matt Larkin as Snider was signing a full sheet and Ashur Toilliver came out when I was grabbing Bob Rodgers from that crew.
    Need 20 players and coaches but still put a dent in it

John Brownell 2/2 both EL
    Wilkin Castillo 2/3 1 EL
    Jake Dunning 0/1 ignroed
    Daniel Fields 2/2 both EL
    Lew Ford 2/2 both EL
    Kevin Baez 1/1 EL
    Tyler Holt 1/2 EL
    Jair Jurrjens 0/9 did not see
    Matt Larkins 0/2 missed as getting Snider
    Dan Lyons 1/1 EL
    Dennis O'Grady 1/1 EL
    Bennett Parry 2/2 1 EL
    Vinnie Pestano 0/3 did not see
    Carlos Pimental 0/1 ignored
    Cody Puckett 1/1 EL
    Rob Rodgers 1/1 EL
    Travis Snider 9/9 8 EL
    Ashur Tolliver 0/1 miss as getting Rodgers
    Jordany Valdespin 0/3 ignored
    David Washington 1/1

Ducks come back in a couple of weeks and that will be it for me on them this year.

Next game next Tuesday the Road Warriors again.
    Last edited by adiddle; 05-01-2018 at 11:03 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

onights game Somerset vs Road Warriors

Missed Willie Gabay as I was getting Coach Montalvo. Also Willie is sporting a beard now which he did not have 2 weeks ago

Willie Gabay 0-3
    Andrew Johnson 1/1 EL
    Giovanni Soto 2/2 both EL
    Chris Treibt 1/1 EL
    Rafael Montalvo 9/9 7 EL I asked coach why he went with the Road Warriors instead of staying with Sugarland and he said it was not his decision that it was made for him. Sounds like the league had a hand in this

Next game for me is Friday vs Lancaster which is only a 2 day series and I can only make Friday

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast