Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Need advice, help!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Utah Jazz
    See jordy671's Items on eBay

Need advice, help!

https://i.imgur.com/fssxtVY.jpg

Came across a nice looking auto card of Penny and Stockton. It's an NBA Hoops with a Skybox COA emboss stamp. There's no COA printed on the back of the card. Can anyone shed some light on me whether this is authentic or a fraud? Seller says he obtained from a collector in the 90's. I know Scoreboard circulated embossed cards, but I think SkyBox has a little more credibility behind them than Scoreboard. Am I wrong on that? Any advice?

thanks.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@jordy671

Take what I say with a grain of salt. I would bet that the card is officially signed by John Stockton hence the seal by skybox. My guess is the Hardaway autograph was added after the fact. Another reason I say this if Hardaway and Stockton signed this card at the same time I would think that the autograph color would be in the same pen color. That just my two cents. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Utah Jazz
    See f1do_bball's Items on eBay

I have a few cards that are similar I believe. I'm happy to pull those and add scans for comparison. I've not seen these cards that have 2 autos on them before.
    WTTF: ANY Jazz cards I don't have or some 90s inserts, some Innovation Stained Glass inserts, Panini 75 Years of the NBA inserts.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have a few cards that are similar I believe. I'm happy to pull those and add scans for comparison. I've not seen these cards that have 2 autos on them before.

Feel free to put up the scans. Perhaps others will chime in with their thoughts.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks like a card from 1995-96 NBA Hoops. Either a base card from a subset or an insert card. Either way a pretty brutal image to be featured on a "John Stockton" card. Don't really any autograph cards being in that set though there is a small chance they did one of Stockton. They wouldn't have done one of him and Penny though. Can't tell you if it is from Skybox or something from like the Home Shopping Network but I do know that the Skybox COA seal and other seals like that can easily be faked on basketball cards. Namely the Skybox Autographics autograph insert line so I'd be wary of using that as the only sign of it being authentic even though the autographs look legit not knowing their signatures.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/