Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Country
    See faceoff77's Items on eBay

Proof that Americans are overreacting wrt shipping to Canada.

Just received a package from a US shipper.

4 cards in top loaders in a bubble mailer. IMG_0774.jpg

$2.50 postage.

The “I won’t ship to Canada because it’s too expensive” excuses are BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    Last edited by faceoff77; 02-15-2018 at 06:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Sorry but you're wrong. First off that's from Paypal/ebay, not all people have access at home to print their own labels. Secondly, Not all people know that they can do that.

More importantly not all post offices accept it, even if its a printed label. My PO (thankfully) just scans them and tosses them into the bin. Other POs scan and weigh them and then return them, because those envelopes are not supposed to be sent under $9.50 unless its documents (Paper).

Whenever you encounter someone that says that, refer them to paypal site, because they are most likely unaware. I can guarantee you that no one wants to pay $9.50 when they can pay $2.50, so when they tell you that's what they have to pay believe it.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Country

My argument is pretty much that people that are paying $9.50, don't realize that they are paying too much and don't put the effort in.

I don't believe that's what they have to pay. I believe with a little research they could pay a lot less.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

My argument is pretty much that people that are paying $9.50, don't realize that they are paying too much and don't put the effort in.

I don't believe that's what they have to pay. I believe with a little research they could pay a lot less.

Yeah but not all post offices accept it. The stated rules say that a large yellow envelope to Canada should be $9.50 (unless its a paper thin document). So they aren't paying too much. I cant take it to my local PO and get the $2.50 rate. If my PO thoroughly checked the packages mine would get returned to me. My PO just scans them and puts them into the correct bin. Other POs check them and return them.

Country

The inconsistencies are funny.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Just mailed a bubbler to Canada cost 10.00 with tracking contained 5 cards

Country

With tracking that's not unreasonable. It would cost me that too. Everything doesn't need tracking.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Unfortunately, the usual price of shipping from the US to Canada is much higher than $2.50. Sure, there are ways around that + you'll need to get lucky with the Post Office/clerk you'll be dealing with, but the majority will need to pay a lot more than that. Hence some of the $10 shipping prices when buying from the US on eBay.

I've seen bubble mailers with low/high shipping rates on it from the US, and that's cool with me. Because I know it's not usually like that when trying to ship cards to me in Canada. If they save a couple bucks, then good for them I guess.

I don't think one package makes all the other shipping prices "BS" or making excuses in my opinion, because I know what the average shipping rate is going to be, so one or two outliers here and there isn't too big of a deal in my opinion.

Even shipping from Canada the US, I've experienced some unexpected raises in cost depending who I get at the counter, so I understand the whole ordeal from the other side of things to gain that much needed perspective.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 02-15-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It should have been 6 cards, did 2 fall out? ;)

People just do not know how to do it.
    Login in to Paypal then go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/
    Choose First Class - Large Envelope
    For the customs form, put Documents - Hockey Photos
    Print and affix to the package, drop the package in your mailbox. Done.
    It must be less than 3/4" thick and 14" length

Hockey cards ARE documents. They are photographs. There is no reason to ever go to your local post office these days, but if you do your local clerk may incorrectly tell you that since your envelope is semi-rigid it must be priced as a package. This is incorrect - USPS's own regulations from its website do not say anything about rigidity or that documents cannot be placed in protective sleeves:

Restrictions

All postcards, envelopes, and flats must be rectangular. Letters and flats may contain only documents, no goods. Additional size restrictions apply depending on the type of mailpiece you’re sending.

Large envelopes that exceed maximum dimensions will be charged package rates.
    Last edited by Maggot; 02-15-2018 at 11:56 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Bottom line: Americans are getting gouged on shipping costs.

If you are asked to pay $6 - $9 or more for shipping to Canada, you are being charged for tracked shipping.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast