Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (48)
    Country

Printing issue with 17-18 UD Series 2?

I have busted two boxes from the case I have and noticed something strange. Most of the common cards have a different look, almost like a flat finish instead of glossy. It also looks grainy. What make it even stranger is the top three cards are normal and the last four have this different look.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Current Wantlist:
    Hidden Content

Traders:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (48)
    Country

No one else is seeing this? I am up to four boxes and have the same issue. What is even stranger, for the most part, is the odd number cards look good and the even number cards are bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Broke my 1st box last night. Noticed this too. Some look normal but some look spotty and are grainy like you mention. Luckily none of the YGs have this issue and are fine.
    Also, not sure about your box but with mine, lots of cards have damaged corners, edges, off-center, etc. This does include a couple of my YGs. Easily the worst quality as a whole of a box of UD cards I've bought in terms of card quality.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would suggest taking a picture of the 2 different finishes on the cards and sending the email with pics to Upper Deck.
    Let us know what they say regarding it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (48)
    Country

Broke my 1st box last night. Noticed this too. Some look normal but some look spotty and are grainy like you mention. Luckily none of the YGs have this issue and are fine.
    Also, not sure about your box but with mine, lots of cards have damaged corners, edges, off-center, etc. This does include a couple of my YGs. Easily the worst quality as a whole of a box of UD cards I've bought in terms of card quality.

Are you seeing the issue with all of the even number cards?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are you seeing the issue with all of the even number cards?

I will check this weekend and respond if that is the case.

Did you have issue with your cards being in poor condition straight from the pack? 2 of my 4 canvas cards looked like someone was chewing on the corners lol. Some of the regular cards too had soft/bent corners and bad edges.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (48)
    Country

I would suggest taking a picture of the 2 different finishes on the cards and sending the email with pics to Upper Deck.
    Let us know what they say regarding it.

Just emailed this:
    I purchased a case of 2017-18 Upper Deck Series 2 Hockey Hobby from Dave and Adams and have opened five boxes from the case.
    I am seeing a major quality issue with all of the common cards that are the even number cards. The finish does not look right and the picture is grainy. This seems to be only a problem with even number cards. When I open a pack, the top three cards are odd numbered cards and do not have an issue, the back three or four cards are even number and almost every one is unacceptable. Where it is really noticeable is when you look at the card from an angle. The bad cards do not have the same gloss and have an orange peel look.
    Attached are photos from an angle, I am not sure if you will be able to notice it or not from a picture.
    Are you getting any other reports of this issue? What can I do to get good even numbered cards? I paid $800 for this product and am not happy with what I received.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays Edmonton Oilers
    See aemiceman's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I did 2 tins the other day and no issues. Opening a hobby box right now and the first pack has 7 base cards in it. First 4 are good and the last 3 are like a matte finish. Even # cards for the matte finish.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (48)
    Country

Yep, that is what I saw with the entire case.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Colorado Avalanche Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    See fandemonium.sc's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Member is PayPal Verified

I haven't opened any S2 yet, but I have heard that even some of the portrait cards look lighter or have a higher exposure in S2 compared to S1.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast