Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First attempt at customs.

My first attempts at making customs.

P_20180217_204644~2.jpgP_20180217_204659~2.jpg

I'm sending a Ted Williams card to Fred Caligiuri (reasoning is on the back of his custom) and a Satchel Paige card to Chuck Stevens (again, reasoning is on the custom)... But, I also wanted something with their picture and story on it. They didn't really have any cards (at least none available for sale that I could find), so I made these.

The designs are based on 1941 Play Ball and 1948 Swell Sports Thrills. I chose these sets as the basis because they coincided with the events on the card backs.

The Caligiuri card was toughest, as he only had one picture I could find online, and, it is B&W. The '41 Play Ball set was color art, so I colorized the picture, then used an art filter on it. The toughest part was getting the backs lined up with the fronts, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of the guy at Staples.

These are the finished product. If anybody wants to see the original jpegs, let me know and I'll post them up.

Thanks in advance for any feedback (even critical feedback).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Very nice

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

Good job!