Post Padres sign Eric Hosmer to an 8 year $144 million contract

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...ic-hosmer.html

The Padres have agreed to sign first baseman Eric Hosmer, Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports. The contract is an eight-year deal that includes an opt-out clause after the fifth season, according to MLB Network’s Jon Morosi (via Twitter). The deal contains a full no-trade clause for the first three seasons and then limited no-trade protection afterwards, Bleacher Report’s Scott Miller reports (Twitter links). Hosmer will be paid $20MM in each of the first five seasons and $13MM in the three remaining years, plus a $5MM signing bonus. The $144MM total figure represents the largest contract in the history of the Padres franchise. Hosmer is represented by the Boras Corporation.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Thank God. Now I can quit worrying about the Cardinals signing him.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Don't really get this move for the Padres since they already had Myers at first and he was a borderline AS there. Moving him to another position to bring in Hosmer for all that money really doesn't make sense neither does trading Myers. Just a bad fit for the Padres in my opinion when they have other holes to fill on that roster.

Interesting sign
    Hidden Content

Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.

You have to remember Myers started in the outfield and that is what they want to do with him!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and Saquon Barkley!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bakemeister52 View Post
    You have to remember Myers started in the outfield and that is what they want to do with him!
    Yes he did. He was a bad defender in the outfield so they moved him to 1B. Now they are bad defensively at two positions rather than one.

Sent from my VS995 using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bakemeister52 View Post
    Yeah I just thought he was a bad fielding outfielder which was why they made him move to 1st base. I guess he could improve defensively but just a weird move in my opinion for a "rebuilding" Padres franchise.

way overpayed him I think. seems they were only team really wanting him.as a royals fan no way he is worth that money