Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Help with Cubs signature , Picture now uploaded

Recently won a 20 player team signed 11×14 at a charity auction. It's from the 2016 Cubs team. I can identify 19 out of 20 of the autographs but need help on the last one. Can anyone help? The Certificate of Authenticity is being mailed to my house with the names included but not sure when i will receive that. Thanks
    cubs by luke s, on Flickr

SCF Rewards
    Country

i believe i figured it out that it is Aroldis Chapman.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

i dont know. Unless he signed differently. He usually signs his number under his name. check this one out: https://rackrs.com/Autograph/14697/t...mans-mlb-debut

BANNED

Country
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Jets
    See rjscollectibles235's Items on eBay

I agree that this does appear to be Chapman, but it just doesn't look right. This signature is much more fluid than a typical Chapman graph. Also, looking at the slant of the letters, especially in the string at the end of the graph, it looks like the signature of a right-handed individual. Now, I don't, by any means, claim to be an authenticator, but I have collected autographs and studied autograph collecting for many years and know a lot of things to look out for. If the COA notes that Chapman signed this piece, you may want to do some more digging. Who was the COA issued by and what is that company's reputation? Try googling the company or "charity auction forgeries" and see what comes up. There have been investigative reports done that exposed widespread forgeries that were sold to unsuspecting charity auctions. Not trying to be a downer, just trying to share some knowledge and maybe help.

SCF Rewards
    Country

would love to see the whole item if possible