Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie cards?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hab fans don't pay up for Russian players, just look at Galchenyuk.

Ok I wasn't sure if you were trolling or had no clue what you were talking about, it was 50/50, now it's confirmed you're trolling :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

All of the points above are the reason why I am not a player collector.

My main collecting objective is rookie cards, and rookie cards only. I am generally not affected if a player gets traded. If the player is a key player, I want his rookie card.

Due to my limited budget and limited inventory of cards, I have to negotiate the best deal possible, but this has not stopped me from building a decent collection over the years.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

As a couple folks have noted, when a guy gets traded there’s usually a purge/acquisition phase and then things tend to settle back to the rookies.

Going way back, when Latendresse and Pouliot were swapped I did straight across deals with people card for card. Glad I did because Lats flopped mightily in the wake of that. And I even managed to dump Pouliot after he left too.

The Weber-P.K. trade also led to me downsizing that PC a fair bit. I was at around 175 Cards and it’s now half that. Lots of those I’ll keep but as time passes more and more will become trade bait. It does get harder to move the non-rookies. Weber I pick up his RC and selected cards from the Preds days that I like. Habs stuff does get first level of interest though. It’s gotta be something nice if it’s from Nashville.
    @jackpot don’t put too much stock into that person’s postings. LOL I’ve never seen such a myopic post or the idea that because he got a steal on a card that was the actual trend at the time. The record speaks otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (118)
    Country

All of the points above are the reason why I am not a player collector.

My main collecting objective is rookie cards, and rookie cards only. I am generally not affected if a player gets traded. If the player is a key player, I want his rookie card.

Due to my limited budget and limited inventory of cards, I have to negotiate the best deal possible, but this has not stopped me from building a decent collection over the years.

Same here.

I collect Habs and Nordiques. But when it comes to RC, I don't mind in wich team the player is pictured. Not one bit.

But about the original question, my experience tell me that when a player is traded, 9,5 times out of 10, his stock will drop.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I find that with the exception of a few players, I only collect the rookies from my team (The Flyers)... They could do a blockbuster deal next season for a superstar caliber player (control your laughter), and if the guy isn't in a Flyers uniform on the card, I don't have much interest.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I paid $11.50 usd for mine when he was on Montreal.
    There's no way he sold for $40 usd consistently.

The argument for the sake of an argument guy is back. As usual he doesn't have his facts straight, as Galchenyuk is in fact a US citizen.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I paid $11.50 usd for mine when he was on Montreal.
    There's no way he sold for $40 usd consistently.

Pretty sure he's from Wisconsin. I'm sure some days Wisconsin gets as cold as Mother Russia, but he's most definitely US born.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

When Radulov was with the Habs I was able to sell one of his Young Guns for a decent price. Totally forgot I had that one, too. So it can happen, it short bursts or purges like Richard mentioned earlier, especially if they are having a heck of a season in a good market, but things do eventually settle in majority of cases.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12