Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What ROOKIES are you excited about this year?

Hey everyone, just curious what rookie card everyone is collecting, what rookies you are excited about getting this year. Just rookie talk in general.

Aside from Ohtani, interested in Brendan McKay and also Alex Faedo
    Hidden Content
    Baseball: Arenado, Betts, Blackmon, Boegarts, Bumgarner, Correa, Lindor, Machado Football: Antonio Bryant, Big Ben, Baker Mayfield, Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, Khalil Mack, Jabril Peppers Hockey: B. Burns, Doughty, Ry Hartman, R. Josi, Landeskog, Mackinnon, Ryan O'Reilly Twitter: @joecham

I'm thinking Acuna might be my guy this year since Ohtani appears to be price prohibitive. Next year, or the following year Keston Huira and Heliot Ramos are my guys for rookies, they're my current prospect wants. I'm really trying to limit who I collect lately as my PC is not like 70 guys deep between me and the wife.

So many exciting players each year though, so I like to have at the least an auto of most top rookies.
    Collecting Mike Piazza, Griffey Jr, Mike Trout, Royals, Kyle Schwarber, Gerrit Cole, Frank Thomas 90s, Brytzo, Clint Frazier, Drew Brees, Michael Lorenzen, Fransisco Lindor, Von Miller, JJ Watt
    Hidden Content

4. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    I only pay attention to mainly yankee players, and rookies from the yankees. I hang onto most rookies i come across, dont know half of them.

I think if they get called up this year you will see big things from Ronald Ocuna, Gleyber Torres, and Nick Senzel
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

NONE for now, but maybe later as the season goes on. It's never really known who will come out in their "rookie" season. In regard to that,go back to 1959 (I think it was '59,may have been '60) when Willie McCovey ONLY played 50+ games and WON the N L "Rookie" of the Year award.

Ronald Acuna is getting all the hype, but I’ve been stocking up on fellow Brave, Ozzie Albies. He’s going to be a really good player.
    Last edited by fishking; 04-01-2018 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Error

Quote Originally Posted by fishking View Post
    Ronald Acuna is getting all the hype
    Yeah he has been sucking out all of the oxygen in the room in regards to other prospects. It is all him or nothing. But I think he is getting too pricey and too risky. At this point Vladimir Guerrero Jr is a safer buy in risk as this point.

It's his first full season, so he may not be a "rookie" but I like Yoan Moncada.
    Collecting Topps Brewers, and PCs of Jonathan Lucroy, Paul Molitor, Robin Yount, and Ken Griffey Jr. Have a want list that's titled "My want Topps".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast