Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post How to Spot a Fake 2000 Playoff Contenders Tom Brady Rookie Card

https://www.beckett.com/news/how-to-...y-rookie-card/

Sometimes Beckett still has a pretty good article and this is one if you are ever looking to purchase a 2000 Playoff Contenders Tom Brady Autograph Rookie Card.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Ryan Cracknell was an excellent addition to their staff and sorely needed. Now if they could hire/train a couple more graders...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See Chinmonster2's Items on eBay

I personally think it's a lackluster article and a fine example of lazy writing. Beckett must be desperate for content. It only touches the surface of what are fairly well known signs of spotting a fake 2000 Contender Brady rookie and doesn't even touch on the major ones.

No mention of the "8 laces" in the football that's supposed to be visible with the genuine cards, no mention of the copyright R being being crisp, no mention of the dot patterns being visible, no mention of the fonts being off or ill placed, and most aggregious of all, absolutely no mention of the known "Raised R" counterfeit that is still to this day so commonly found at shows. Sorry, all these red flags have been well known for years and well documented in forums if you simply did a Googgle search. I want to be fair, but this article is crap.

Just some examples I found in less than minute of web searching.

36476802851_f87aa5ea75_o.jpg
    36568614536_d40261dc17_o.jpg
    36568613816_2e5345ccfd_o.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

I personally think it's a lackluster article and a fine example of lazy writing. Beckett must be desperate for content. It only touches the surface of what are fairly well known signs of spotting a fake 2000 Contender Brady rookie and doesn't even touch on the major ones.

No mention of the "8 laces" in the football that's supposed to be visible with the genuine cards, no mention of the copyright R being being crisp, no mention of the dot patterns being visible, no mention of the fonts being off or ill placed, and most aggregious of all, absolutely no mention of the known "Raised R" counterfeit that is still to this day so commonly found at shows. Sorry, all these red flags have been well known for years and well documented in forums if you simply did a Googgle search. I want to be fair, but this article is crap.

Nope you are correct. I don't know much about the Brady RC and counterfeits so I thought the article was good. You clearly showed it was not. Pretty sad that Beckett pays somebody who can't even be up to the task to make a great article but thanks for posting this information. Maybe it can save somebody from making a bad purchase.

SCF Rewards
    Country

36476802851_f87aa5ea75_o.jpg
    36568614536_d40261dc17_o.jpg
    36568613816_2e5345ccfd_o.jpg

any input on how to spot a fake 2000 Bowman ROY Brady? I feel like this is an easy one to fake, and I don’t want to pay big $ for a fake. Also, will BGS authenticate the card and slab it even if it isn’t autographed?
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Great read

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See Chinmonster2's Items on eBay

Never heard of the BC being faked. Altered maybe, but not faked, although I wouldn't put it past them.

Here's an example of the common "Raised R" counterfeit of the 2000 Playoff Contender that the article FAILED to mention.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...0AAOSw6Mxasf-k