Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Browns acquire Tyrod Taylor & Jarvis Landry in trades and trade DeShone Kizer to the Packers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...b-tyrod-taylor

Just hours after landing wide receiver Jarvis Landry from Miami, Cleveland has pulled the trigger on two more trades.

The Browns agreed to acquire Tyrod Taylor from the Bills in exchange for the No. 65 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the situation. In turn, new general manager John Dorsey agreed to deal quarterback DeShone Kizer to the Packers, netting cornerback Damarious Randall in return, sources involved in the trade confirmed to Rapoport.

Wow the Browns making a flurry of deals...don't know if this really makes them better but they can't get worse than win less? Can they?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

as a Bills fan

grateful for Tyrod helping to end the playoff drought, but he hit his ceiling here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Ohio State Buckeyes
    Twitter: @Tribe_Buckeye_Fan See 96berettaz26's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I don't think the Browns intend for Taylor to be the long term answer at QB. This will give them an established, serviceable starter to mentor whomever they take in the draft. I still think they will take a QB at 1, and probably Barkley at 4 assuming he's not grabbed up at 2 or 3. If so, look for them to take either Minkah or Bradley Chubb.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I think Barkley is going to go #1. There are a couple of QBs that can be the long term answer, but there is not another back like Barkley in this draft.

This really is a deal that benefits both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy

From what I hear, Dorsey isn't enamored with any of the QB's in this draft. There is always the chance they trade down a couple spots and take Minkah and Chubb in the first round, then Guice early in the second round and bypass Barkley altogether. Just speculation, and not what I would want them to do, but that's what some of the local guys are saying.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

From what I hear, Dorsey isn't enamored with any of the QB's in this draft.

Ironic given that there's 4-5 QBs speculated to be off the board in the first round alone. I remember before last years draft analysts saying that 2018 would be a good year for QBs (naturally the Bears trade up 1 spot to get one in 2017...). Can't argue with Cleveland's haul:

Received: Tyrod Taylor, Jarvis Landry, Damarious Randall, 2018 Packers 4th rnd (115th), 2018 Packers 5th rnd (150th)
    Traded: DeShone Kizer, 2018 Browns 3rd rnd (65th), 2018 Browns 4th (101st), 2018 Browns 4th (123rd), 2018 Browns 5th (138th) 2019 Browns 7th rnd. Not sure if some of the traded picks were comp picks though.

5 picks out, 2 returned, plus Taylor who will be a good bridge QB, Landry who fills in the short game with Gordon stretching the field and allows Coleman to develop more, and Randall, a former 1st round pick who will get the chance to play in a non-Capers defense. Landry was a good haul for a reasonable price, Randall is a nice speculative add for the cost of moving back a little bit in middle rounds and giving up a QB they didn't appear to have interest in keeping. One could argue Taylor was the most spendy to add but it pay off nicely by Taylor rebuilding his value and the Browns getting veteran mentorship for a likely drafted rookie QB.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Cleveland improved their team already before the draft. They still have a decent amount of picks to help bolster the roster even more. Tyrod will probably start in 2018 but that might be it. He's still better than Kizer. Landry is a solid WR also. If Josh Gordon can stay out of trouble that will also benefit them. The Browns are trending in the right direction at least.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Def making some moves almost feel sorry for this franchise

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I hate three of the four trades for the Browns.

1. Landry trade = great trade for Cleveland

2. Tyrod trade = horrible trade for Cleveland ... Tyrod would likely have been cut by the Bills after the draft and wasn't worth a 3rd rounder anyways ... also if they take Josh Allen at #4 as expected, I don't think Tyrod is a great one-year "teacher" for him ... I'd rather they signed Sam Bradford to a 1 year deal and kept the 3rd rounder.

3. Randall trade = horrible trade for Cleveland ... Kizer has more "value" than a benched CB who the Browns may need to convert to FS, and yet the Browns swapped the players and then swapped more valuable picks of their own with less valuable picks from the Packers ... horrible.

4. Shelton trade = horrible trade ... the Browns received a late 3rd (like an early 4th) for an early 5th and Danny Shelton which means all they got for their investment in Shelton was basically a mid-4th rounder ... terrible.

I love Darnold and Allen and I'm hoping neither player goes to Cleveland though I think they will take Allen at #4 after taking Saquon #1 overall ... and I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see them make the playoffs next year with Tyrod and Saquon leading a dynamic offense that almost never turns the ball over, so I do think Cleveland fans will be happy with the end result regardless.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy

Browns are going to be signing Carlos Hyde to a 3 year deal.