Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Oklahoma Sooners Washington State Cougars

SASE return postage from Canada to the U.S. question

My son is writing hockey players to get TTM autographs. He has written a players on teams based out of the U.S. but there is a handful of players and coaches he wants to write to on Canadian teams. Will a SASE with a global stamp get back to him in the U.S. from Canada? I asked the lady at the post office and she was unsure if the Canadian post would recognize it as proper postage. Being Oklahoma I can’t just cross over and buy Canadian stamps. I want to make sure he gets the right postage to get his Canadian TTM requests back. Thanks for the help

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

I'm pretty sure you can buy stamps online. They have a special stamp for around a dollar to ship up to 1 ounce from Canada to the U.S.

I would link you but it looks like the website is having issues now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The global stamp I have cost $1 so I bet that’s the one you mentioned and I have a feeling it will work I’d just like some peace of mind about it. I hadn’t thought about looking at stamps online I guess I should look there.

thank you for the reply

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

Okay here's what I found:

https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/stamp...execution=e1s1

Looks like it's $1.20 and doesn't need to be a special stamp, although they do sell special stamps for exactly $1.20 to make it easier.

If the global stamp is something you bought within the U.S. it's probably good for mailing from the U.S. to other countries like Canada but not for mailing to the U.S. In general, the stamp needs to be from the country the item is being mailed from.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you so much for your help I appreciate it. I need to get on there and snag some stamps. Everything you said sounds reasonable about it needing to have the country of of origin stamp on it. I hope the one he did send to Canada finds it’s way back with the global stamp even if I have to pay some cash to post office.
    thanks again

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hello from Canada!

Just wanted to say that what I've read is accurate. Currently it does cost $1.20 (CDN) to send from Canada to the USA. It gets expensive to send to the states from North of the border!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New Jersey Devils

You do need to use Canadian postage for your SASE. You can get Canadian stamps through the Canada post website. I have also gotten some through ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

I just mailed a card to Canada from the Post Office. First they weighed my return envelope and it was $1.15. Then I put it together and the cost going to Canada was also $1.15. This was all for just standard mailing. They put an international stamp on both.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great information especially the last post. Thank you guys!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@yankeesfan1324

Thanks for taking time to post with a link.

Don
    Last edited by doniceage; 03-31-2018 at 10:13 PM.