Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    See aaron417's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Why are patch fakers so dumb

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colton-Para....c100675.m4236

Nice try guys, I don't think Parayko was even out of diapers yet when these colors were worn.

What's the point in faking a patch, if your not even going to use the correct era jersey.

Anyway buyers beware!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Oklahoma Sooners Washington State Cougars

But he has 100% feedback.....

however your very correct fortunately it’s been awhile since the days of the Blues red accents which I didn’t understand then and sure don’t now. Anyhow I guess it’s buyer beware and do your homework if your not sure. There are scam artists out there everywhere I don’t understand why they do what they do and how they sleep at night with a clear head.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

It’s crazy anymore I was duped about a year ago

SCF Rewards
    Country

They may be dump but they fool enough people to make their "business" profitable
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

That’s a shame that people do this. I was thinking maybe they had a vintage alternate jersey night like the ducks did but I don’t think they did.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think that you are right that this one is probably faked, BUT they do sometimes use vintage jerseys for these rookie photo shoot cards.
    Honestly, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if it is modified since the jerseys used in these rookie cards have no significance anyways.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thing to remember is that it’s a photo shoot jersey, not game worn. Check out other Parayko cards in the set to see if others also have similar patches. I don’t want to see someone who is honest and reputable getting their rep slagged on the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thing to remember is that it’s a photo shoot jersey, not game worn. Check out other Parayko cards in the set to see if others also have similar patches. I don’t want to see someone who is honest and reputable getting their rep slagged on the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

I agree with you that because it is a photo shoot jersey, the patch could be legit. However, I took a quick look and all of the ones I could see online were current Blues colours. Again, this doesn't prove anything.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like others have said this could be legit.

Collected Horvat in his rookie season ( 14/15 ) and they used Canuck colors from when Naslund was Captain
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Patch fakers can get away with using incorrect patches for two main reasons:
    1. People don't pay attention to the details. Nice Patch! I want it!
    2. There are enough mistakes in the patches that are NOT fakes, that seeing the 'wrong' patch on a card doesn't even really mean it's been tampered with.

Expanding on that second point: There have been plenty of instances of memorabilia being mixed up between players over the years. You don't see the backs of cards saying that "this piece of jersey was used BY THIS PLAYER in an NHL game" any more, you just see that it's been used in an NHL game. Could this be to keep the manufacturer from liability issues if it's proven to be wrong due to an error? Maybe... but it's probably also a sign that in some cases jerseys from no-name players are being used to make GU cards of bigger name players.

When that's being done, eras are going to get mixed up once in a while.

Then throw in the super patched rookie photoshoot jerseys. There could be anything on them.
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 03-20-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast