Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

SCF Update - March 19, 2018 - SCF Inventory Manager Changes and more!!!

Members -

This is going to be a length update - If you have questions, please post them below

Over the last several weeks, there has been a number of changes that have been made or in the process of being made. One of the philosophical changes that I see for SCF is to become more than just a forum. I want SCF to be a spot where you can find information about the hobby. With that I want to communicate some of these changes that are ready to be used and tested

Inventory Manager Changes
    Over the last several weeks, @CoolHandLuke has been making some significant changes to the Inventory Manager program. Most of the changes will NOT change the way this works today; the majority of the functionality will remain the same. However, there are several aspects that are extremely important for SCF:

1) Uniformity with the TTM and the majority of SCF - you will notice that there are similar headers and structure between the Inventory Manager and Through the Mail Manager. The menu of items will also have uniformity to the main forum page.

2) Release Calendar - One aspect of this new version of the Inventory Manager that is going to be important is there will be a release calendar. This release calendar, when you click on the release, will provide some links to check to see if members have items for trade/sale on SCF, have anything in their Inventories for trade and allow you to see what is on eBay. In addition, the checklists for that product will be also included.

Now, we do have to go back in time a bit for 2017 Releases based on what we have already captured. So if you are looking for past information, it may/may not be found. However, all future releases will be captured - we have some work to do in order to catch-up.

3) Links - This is really is something more for Google to find information,in order for SCF to be found. However, some of the links may change between the current version of the Inventory Manager and the new version. This is important for SEO to allow SCF to be found easier, especially when someone decides to search for a product, player, etc,

The links to the Inventory Manager will be changing from http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/cardlist/ to https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/cardlist/. While it does not appear much different, all active pages are now going to be found on www as opposed to opg.

This is now open for you to check out, play with and provide feedback. Any change done in your inventory in: https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/cardlist/ is valid on the older version as they both talk to the same database and images are hosted in the same place. Please start using the new version to help us and provide with any errors or feedback. If you run into a issue not being able to perform a task you can always go back in the older version to perform that one action. After the beta testing period is over, we will remove the older application. All past links will still remain valid via a redirection. So if you posted on forum about links to you inventory for example. it will be redirected to the new url,

Please add a bookmark to https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/cardlist/ in order to start using the new version right now and help us iron out any possible bugs. Post here if you find any and add the date and time the error did occur. This can help us find the errors in the log files. While the link on the site menus will remain on our sub-domain : http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/ please use the new location to help us out. When we decide to go live then we will update our main menu and other section with the new location.

I will be working over the next month or so to ensure there are tutorials built.

Facebook Messenger Integration
    After careful consideration, I decided to add the ability to OPTIONALLY add Messenger to your SCF Profile. This will create 2 spots on your profile where someone can reach out to you on FB Messenger

1) Postbit Information on a Post
    2) Clicking on the username in a post

If you do which to link your Messenger ID to your account, please go to your Profile page and add your Messenger name. You will see 2 options, one for Facebook and one for Messenger. This is built on purpose so if you want to link one, but not the other, you have that option.

As an aside to this, I have been working on trying to get an Instant Messaging program working on SCF without any success.

SCF At the Nationals in Cleveland
    @doniceage is going to be leading SCF's efforts for the 2018 Nationals in Cleveland. We do have a space already reserved and I will be onsite at the Nationals on Wednesday Night, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday morning. I do plan on spending Friday with Becky and Olivia going to the Cleveland Zoo or spending time with them.

I believe that there will be space available for members that would like to setup at Nationals but Don will have more information about this.

In addition, I have reached out to the Indians box office about Group Tickets. If you are interested in going, I need to know this information so I can have a head count. We are looking at Saturday, August 3rd vs. the Angels.

Sport Card Show Form
    As a part of providing information about the hobby, I would like to capture information on Card Shows that are coming up. If you know about a card show that is coming to your local area, I encourage you to post the information into our show database form - https://www.sportscardforum.com/form...do=form&fid=16

In using this form, it will do 3 things

1) Post this into the Hobby Information and Events Forum
    2) Automatically create a post to the SCFnews Twitter feed.
    3) Automatically create a post to the SCF Facebook page.

If you do run a show and want to promote your show, all I ask is that you cross-promote SCF. I have materials that you can be printed and made available to hand out to any prospective members, I will provide this information in the coming days as a link in the Hobby Information and Events Forum.

Thank you for reading this and your continued support of SCF.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottkoz20; 03-19-2018 at 09:45 PM. Reason: correction of information

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (59)
    Country
    Houston Astros Dallas Stars
    See allgood.collectibles's Items on eBay

I LOVE IT. Way to go Scott.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Colorado Avalanche Detroit Lions Toronto Raptors
    See hudley19's Items on eBay

Amazing direction and excited with the changes :) Team doing a great job as always

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

posting to follow this thread
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (59)
    Country
    Houston Astros Dallas Stars
    See allgood.collectibles's Items on eBay

posting to follow this thread

Love the screen name. "What we got here is....failure to communicate."

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Looks great Scott, great work team!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Jerryjtj's Items on eBay

continued improvements!
    New Wix Site:
    Hidden Content

Only looking for cards on my want list!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Love it. Whole site is absolutely fantastic and thank you!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Keep up the good work!

On a side note, did the font change on all the posts? It looks somewhat different to me over the past couple days.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

@Rabs - I did make an update to unify all of the fonts on the site

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast