Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

A majority of players have changed their rates since the last time it was posted in this thread. It's getting changed pretty frequently.

It started as Pat talking to teammates about signing and finding out that many would be willing to sign for $5. Pat offered to be a middleman and posted it on SCN for users of that website. The demand was way higher than expected, partially because people are sharing prices on other sites, so they've raised prices because they don't want to sign as much as is coming in. Pat's also had to deal with a ton of people trying to abuse his offer, nor following his directions, and arguing with him when he returns their stuff for now following directions.

I'd suggest you only send if you are a member of SCN and check the prices before you send. Not only does that make sure you're sending the right amount but it also is what Pat wants. He's spending a lot of time running it and I'm sure he doesn't enjoy wasting his time returning stuff that has the wrong fees and is likely from someone who the offer wasn't for.

Not sure that I agree with this. Pat Neshek posted a deal on the internet, and did not state that this was only for paying members of a specific website, nor did he state that it should not be shared. Without putting a cap on it (ie one per player, 2 per player, or something like that), it is hard to state something like "because they don't want to sign as much as is coming in" or "is likely from someone who the offer wasn't for." The offer was for FANS. These guys know how much fan mail comes in, do you really think that the amount of fan mail increased because of Neshek's offer? I'm reasonably sure that Hoskins and Arrieta have been getting a ton of fan mail everyday, before Pat posted on the internet.
    At the end of the day, it was a nice gesture, and now it is becoming a problem. I was able to get 1 Hoskins card signed for $10, but got my Jake Thompson returned with my cash, unsigned, with no explanation. I am happy to get the Hoskins, since he didn't sign my card during spring training.

I would make less assumptions and stick to the facts.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jimmyz86's Items on eBay

Not sure that I agree with this. Pat Neshek posted a deal on the internet, and did not state that this was only for paying members of a specific website, nor did he state that it should not be shared. Without putting a cap on it (ie one per player, 2 per player, or something like that), it is hard to state something like "because they don't want to sign as much as is coming in" or "is likely from someone who the offer wasn't for." The offer was for FANS. These guys know how much fan mail comes in, do you really think that the amount of fan mail increased because of Neshek's offer? I'm reasonably sure that Hoskins and Arrieta have been getting a ton of fan mail everyday, before Pat posted on the internet.
    At the end of the day, it was a nice gesture, and now it is becoming a problem. I was able to get 1 Hoskins card signed for $10, but got my Jake Thompson returned with my cash, unsigned, with no explanation. I am happy to get the Hoskins, since he didn't sign my card during spring training.

Jake Thompson didn't make the team. He got optioned to LeHigh Valley shortly after Pat posted the offer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

Pat himself said that he wants to keep it on SCN only and it was meant for collectors on that site only since they've been great to him throughout his career.

Pat's also said he's raising prices because he's getting a ton of requests and he needs to raise prices to decrease the time it takes for him to administer everything. As for the players signing, before Pat made this offer they could just throw anything they didn't want to sign in the mail. Now that they've set prices, they feel obligated to sign anything that comes with that amount of money. And while it is a significant amount of money for us, it's not for some of them - for a guy like Arrieta who makes over $5000 per pitch he throws, the money he gets from this is nothing. The price is just there as a deterrent so he's not signing thousands per day but is helping out some collectors.

And, if you look at his posts, it's pretty clear he's annoyed at people. He's getting a ton of questions that he's covered multiple times, a ton of requests that are not following the directions, people making unrequested trades of easy TTM guys for the best players on the list, items coming in that it takes him 10 minutes to unwrap and get to the actual items and money, and people complaining about various things.

I can't make anyone do anything and I get that it is everyone's own decision of what they think is right but it's clear that this was only meant for SCN users and from my interpretation of Pat's posts, it seems like he's annoyed with it and I would guess that he'll either stop doing it or raise prices more once he comes off the DL. At the very least I would encourage everyone not to use the lists in this thread as they're mostly inaccurate and will only become less accurate as time goes on. If you send based off this list you are most likely wasting your time and stamps, not to mention Pat's.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Jake Thompson didn't make the team. He got optioned to LeHigh Valley shortly after Pat posted the offer.

That's a pretty good reason!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers FIU Panthers
    See haveuseenmypants's Items on eBay Instagram:

Got the Eickhoff card back today, signed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Anaheim Angels Los Angeles Lakers

Pat absolutely said that it was only meant for scn premium members that he respects, unfortunately members have leaked this out to facebook, here, as well as other communities.... sadly & eventually it will get way too expensive or be ruined for everyone anyhow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234