Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

Kittle can play indeed ...

Russell Wilson has been trash the last 3 years? He was in the MVP race much of last year ... you're right that he needs a lot more help though as that team seems to be falling apart

Maybe i did misspeak but he wasn’t in MVP discussion, did he carry the team on his shoulders sure. But the seachickens were horrible. So i meant the team overall was terrible offensively and defensively.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks
    See Swiggy56's Items on eBay

Russ has been trash last three seasons he needs all the help he can get...

The Seahawks started to weaken after the SB loss to the Patriots. Lynch retired and that was a huge hit to the team. They lost a big part of their identity. Not only that, but a lot of the guys were coming up on contract negotiations. Some left and some got paydays. It happens to all the teams, for the most part. When your star players want a lot of money, it doesn't leave much for bringing in star caliber or some significant player(s) to replace the quality that left the team. Plus, they lost their chip on their shoulders..... Us against the world. They got their money and their ring. They didn't have that fire anymore. It hurts to say that as a fan. But I noticed it. This off season has hurt big time.

As far as Russell being trash the last 3 seasons..... No. I watch the Seahawks games every week. When they beat the Broncos and lost to the Patriots, their offensive line wasn't the greatest, but they had guys that could block. They were able to open holes for Lynch and give him enough room to do his thing. They gave Wilson a little more time to pass, than he has the last few years.

The Seahawks had Jimmy Graham. Yes, he was hurt the first 2 years, but after that, they didn't use him the way he should have been used. This last season, everyone got to see Graham do his thing. And then gone. Our other tight end, Luke Willson, is now gone too. We had Rawls, who was supposed to replace Lynch, but he couldn't stay healthy or have a line that could block for him. Chris Carson came out of nowhere, then he got hurt. Mike Davis, Alex Collins & C.J. Prosise couldn't do much either.

The offensive line is the main reason why Russell 'looked like trash'. Justin Britt moving to center was good for the line. He has done a good job there since Max Unger was traded. Breno Giacomini and J.R. Sweezy were 2 guys who could block, and they left. George Fant was starting to block pretty well, and he got hurt. They bring in Duane Brown, who is an established blocker who can do his job. He did alright here. The rest of the lineman over the years, nothing. That is the main reason why Steven Hauschka had an 'off year'. They line couldn't block for him, so his kicks were missing or being blocked. He leaves in free agency and had a great year in Buffalo, with missing just 2 FG.

Russell Wilson has had to carry the offense the last couple years. And he's done the best he could. He won games on his abilities alone, that they probably should have lost. If his line can't block, he's gonna run or be sacked. If his line can't block, he doesn't have the time to find that open receiver without having to run first. To call him trash is wrong. His supporting cast has been trash. Everyone knows what Russell is capable of, and if he is given the gift of blocking, watch out.

The Seahawks as a team, could have been like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England, New Orleans over the years. These teams have always invested in offensive lineman to protect their QB. They have been able to keep most of their core players. Some of those players want to stay with their winning team/atmosphere and take a little less money. Others, want the payday. Sure, some of the guys deserve it. But, that hurts teams. All teams go through it. If you have a 'team' of guys with big $$ yearly, then they have become a 'team of individuals' instead of a Team. And yes, I understand the 'game' is a 'business'.

Back to the subject of Rob Gronkowski. I did see his name mentioned with Seattle, but that won't happen. Seattle doesn't have enough money for him. If he did end up here, he wouldn't help the team. I wouldn't be surprised if Gronk plays this season in New England, then retires.
    I collect Seahawks Relic-GU & 1/1's

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ Great post!

I'm not a Seahawks fan or even a DangerRuss fan really but I feel like he is vastly under-rated by most fans ... I felt he was over-rated when they won the SB and later vastly under-rated when the TEAM started falling off ... fans drive me nuts ... team wins and losses are just that, TEAM wins and losses ... QBs get far too much praise and blame depending on a TEAM result.

There are probably 20 QBs in the NFL every single year that are good enough to win a ring ... but just one TEAM that will win it!

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Breaking: @KenLairdWEEI is reporting that Gronk is going to be traded in the next couple weeks.

— Kirk & Callahan (@KirkAndCallahan) April 3, 2018

I think Kirk and Callahan owes WEEI listeners AND the internet an apology!!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...playing-season

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think Kirk and Callahan owes WEEI listeners AND the internet an apology!!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...playing-season

Is that not fake news as Trump says. Look at the link he provided I would assume it would be fake news with the SNARK in it but that just mwah.

DON

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12