Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

Where do you get cards for TTM/IP?

I'm curious if anyone has found anything I haven't.

For parallels and slightly expensive cards, COMC is great. They have cards that aren't super common for fairly cheap. However, with the 25 cent per card fee, they're too expensive for commons.

I also use cardbarrel which is great for most base cards. They don't do any other sports and are overpriced for prospect cards.

For sports other than baseball and for baseball prospects I've started using sportlots. They have cards of every common from the past 40 years for 18 cents plus shipping. The problem is, I haven't found any sellers with the inventories I want. In particular, I'm looking for a seller with inventory of nearly every prospect card from the past 5 years or so from the major sets (Bowmans, Heritage Minors, Pro Debut, and EEE).So far I've found sellers with great inventory of a few sets/years and sellers with decent inventory of a variety of sets, but I'd prefer someone with a bigger inventory of prospect sets.

Any sellers you would suggest on sportlots or any good sites I haven't mentioned?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots

I usually use any shop that has a Beckett Marketplace site. Last time I ordered in bulk, I ordered from Triple Play Sports Cards in Sioux Falls, SD.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

I usually trade for bulk I mainly ttm/ip orioles only.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Oklahoma Sooners Washington State Cougars

I have bought a single or two off of eBay.

Current players we use retail base cards.
    when it comes to retired players I have a couple of sources. Around here almost each suburb has a store called Vintage Stock that sells used, comic books, movies, video games, pop culture stuff. They also have boxes of cards to dig through for either a dime or a quarter each depending on the location. It’s mostly 80’s & 90’s stuff all sports mixed in. Every once in awhile they have a 400 count sealed box for $6 hockey is just few and far between. We have had good luck with those, it’s always 70’s through early 2000’s. The last box we got had 5 Gretzky cards a handful of Brett Hull and other stars from that era but lots of TTM useable cards. The other is a old card shop down in Norman with $1 80’s and 90’s packs or $14 factory sealed boxes. Some good stuff has come out of the $1 bin packs and not a lot of people in Oklahoma are buying hockey cards so every few weeks my son can go in there with $5 and come out happy.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Do you have a list of guys you are looking for (in alpha order by last name)?

I was buying on a few of those sites for a while, but would end up buying a bunch of a guy who would then be traded, released, or moved up or down in the minors so I could no longer get him. I started buying bulk lots of all the main minor league brands (THM, TPD, BP, BD, EE, Panini Prizm, Panini Contenders, etc.) from guys who broke boxes and cases with no restrictions on player, team, or brand (as long as it was from the past 3 years). They are all in alpha order and it's great for getting guys at minor league games and in Florida for minor league spring training, but the volume has become a bit excessive, with lots of cards of guys I'd never have access to. Probably around 25 to 30K cards at this point.

PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks,
    Mike