Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Lakers To Pursue Kawhi Leonard Trade?

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/04/...ard-trade.html

According to Sean Deveney of The Sporting News, front-office sources around the NBA believe that the Lakers will also make Leonard a top target over the summer.

Leonard remains under contract with the Spurs for at least one more season, but a season-long saga has seemingly created friction between the two sides, as Spurs doctors and Leonard’s doctors have disagreed on the status of the forward’s quad injury. While there has still been no indication out of San Antonio that the Spurs will seriously explore trading their best player, teams are keeping a close eye on the situation and will be ready to inquire on Leonard’s availability.

As Deveney writes, the Lakers are viewed as a top candidate to pursue Leonard given their future cap flexibility. The Lakers are expected to have enough room for two maximum-salary free agents this offseason, but could also use that cap flexibility to sign a top free agent in 2019 or to trade for a star.

Additionally, Leonard is a Los Angeles native and at least one executive who spoke to Deveney believes that Leonard is angling to eventually land in his hometown. A separate general manager suggested that the Lakers look like the most logical landing spot if Leonard is moved.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lakers, 76'ers, Clippers, Celtics and Cavaliers (if LeBron decides to stay and not bolt to Philly which I think he will) are the five teams that have the best chance to trade for Kawhi imho, and what they're best offers could be:

Lakers: Brandon Ingram + Kyle Kuzma + Luol Deng + picks for Kawhi and Brandon Paul

Clippers: Tobias Harris + Sam Dekker + Sindarius Thornwell + picks for Kawhi

Celtics: Jayson Tatum + Terry Rozier + Morris + Ojeleye + Yabusele + picks for Kawhi

Cavaliers: Nets 1st round pick (could be #1 overall Deandre Ayton!) + Clarkson + Nance + Osman + Zizic for Kawhi

76'ers: Fultz + Saric + Covington + picks for Kawhi + Brandon paul + Derrick White

HOWEVER, if this article (see: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othe...Boston-Celtics ) is accurate and Kawhi really will tell any team that trades for him that he will just bolt to the Lakers the second he becomes a free agent, the fact is, the Lakers may have the Spurs by the cajones, and may be able to get Kawhi for little more than Luol Deng and either Bradon Ingram or (not both) Kyle Kuzma ... poor San Antonio!

If THAT happens, the offers the Spurs receive will be far less the my above 5 trade proposals, as teams will be trading for just ONE SEASON of Kawhi ... if that happens the offers would probably look like so:

Lakers: Brandon Ingram + Luol Deng + Josh Hart + Ivica Zubak + picks for Kawhi ... Lakers would still have enough cap space to sign Paul George and Boogie Cousins and trot out a Lonzo/PG13/Kawhi/Kuzma/Boogie starting lineup ... nasty!

Clippers: Tobias Harris + Sam Dekker + Sindarius Thornwell + picks for Kawhi ... I don't think the Clips offer would change as they'll think they can convince Kawhi to sign long-term if he plays there a year ... and they'll be wrong

Celtics: They will back out entirely if they hear Kawhi won't sign an extension with them

Cavaliers: Clarkson + Nance + Osman + Zizic for Kawhi ... they won't give up the Nets pick if it's a top 7 pick but they'll still give up a lot to try to entice LeBron to stay at least another year

76'ers: They will back out ala the Celtics

ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, if I were forced to bet on what will happen in the future ... I'd say the Spurs trade Kawhi to the Lakers for a package centered around Brandon Ingram and picks without taking Luol Deng back (the Lakers have the cap space to absorb the salary difference) and that Paul George also signs with the Lakers and they trot out a starting 5 of Lonzo/PG13/Kawhi/Kuzma/Randle which is a great lineup.

I also think LeBron James leaves Cleveland and signs with the 76'ers and that they dominate the East for the foreseeable future with a starting 5 of Simmons/Redick/LeBron/Saric/Embiid and a dynamic bench led by Fultz and Covington.

Last edited by Jameis1of1; 04-20-2018 at 11:07 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Interesting

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is weird because if media reports are to be believed he is having problems/friction with the Spurs which is almost unheard of. If that is the case then something serious must have happened for him to be this upset with the Spurs which will just kill his trade value for them. A disgruntled star is going to get a fraction of what a I don't need to move this player will bring.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It is weird because if media reports are to be believed he is having problems/friction with the Spurs which is almost unheard of. If that is the case then something serious must have happened for him to be this upset with the Spurs which will just kill his trade value for them. A disgruntled star is going to get a fraction of what a I don't need to move this player will bring.

I don't think any other teams look at Kawhi as being a problem child ... but if he really has told teams that he will ONLY sign an extension with the Lakers, THAT will definitely torpedo his trade value imho.