Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Accepting rights award, Kaepernick decries 'lawful lynching'

AMSTERDAM (AP) — Amnesty International gave former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick its Ambassador of Conscience Award on Saturday for his kneeling protest of racial injustice that launched a sports movement and might have cost him his job.

Onetime San Francisco 49ers teammate Eric Reid presented Kaepernick with the award during a ceremony in Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands.

In his acceptance speech, the award-winner described police killings of African Americans and Latinos in the United States as lawful lynchings.

https://pro32.ap.org/wxow/article/ac...awful-lynching

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New Orleans Saints Boston Bruins New England Patriots
    See wptmass's Items on eBay

I have Kap /10 gold cards .. anyone want them cheap?

Sent from my iPad using SportsCardForum

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry Kaep, more White people are killed by police than any other race. Do your research! Fact is, you act the fool you get treated as such! Meaning, you rush a cop, you deserve what you get! Funny how you had two unarmed white dudes get shot by cops (one Black cop) in and around Ferguson during the riots and it doesn't get attention! I thought all lives mattered! Doesn't fit the media's agenda! I get tired of this race card BS! Thanks to Obama we raised a nation of whiners and entitlement!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sorry Kaep, more White people are killed by police than any other race. Do your research!

That is true but if you really want to do research you need to compare it fairly.

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.

From this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.809f59a7a0d5

An analysis by the Washington Post showed that while police in the U.S. fatally shoot whites more frequently than blacks, blacks are 2.5 times as likely as whites to be fatally shot by police.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html

So as you say whites do get shot more but who ends up dying?

Just saying facts need to be looked at fairly and not skewed toward your argument.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Where your fact based on population percent. Also, where the facts on who dies?

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I posted the above because facts aren't racist and should be known. I despise identity politics, politically correct culture and all manner of modern insanity.

HOWEVER, don't misunderstand me ... I also despise racism and I strongly believe that every human is an individual and should be judged as an individual and not simply lumped in with a "group" ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Where your fact based on population percent. Also, where the facts on who dies?

Don

Don, yes, the first graphic I posted was a graphic about cop related DEATHS and not just "shootings".

Also, the 2nd and 3rd graphics deal with the percentage of the population.