Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

The Summit IX Experience, a 1/1, and a Museum Addition! Long story and Many Photos!

So this weekend was the Summit Sports and Collectibles Expo in Sherwood Park, Alberta. Like usual, I set up with my museum and also was there to sell lots of sports cards. The weekend was a great success, and it was nice to see all of the familiar user names off of the various websites in person. I also tried a couple of box breaks for the fun of it and managed to add a new piece to the goalie museum this weekend. So sit back, relax and enjoy this fun read!

Here was our set up, featuring memorabilia of Nick Ricci, Leland Irving, Maxime Ouellet, Tobias Stephan, Allen York, Andy Chiodo, Mike Brodeur, Justin Pogge, J.F. Damphousse, Cristopher Nilstorp, Brian Finley, Danny Taylor, Tyrone Garner, Sami Aittokallio, Mike Murphy, Gregg Naumenko, Gerald Coleman, Dave Gagner, Matt Keetley, Jeff Frazee, Brent Krahn, Tyler Bunz, Rob McVicar, Jordan Binnington, Yutaka Fukufuji, Riku Helenius, Adam Vay, Mike Minard, Johan Backlund, Cody Rudkowsky, Christian Soucy, Marc Lamothe and Jamie Ram!

And the box breaks were nothing to write home about overall until I bought a box of 2012-13 Between the Pipes from Wayne's Sports Cards and I scored this Patrick Roy stick and jersey gold #1/1!

And here is the museum addition acquired at the show.

Born on February 3, 1970, in Toronto, Ontario, Jason Muzzatti was drafted 21st overall by Calgary in 1988 after having a standout college career. After finishing his University career, Muzzatti transitioned to the pros in the IHL, where he did average. On October 16, 1993, his opportunity came when he was given the start in goal against the LA Kings. His debut did not fare well as he surrendered eight goals on thirty five shots. He played one additional game with Calgary the following season before being placed on waivers and getting acquired by the Hartford Whalers. There, he was the full time back-up for two seasons, appearing in 53 total games and recording competent numbers. After Hartford moved to Carolina, Muzzatti was traded to the New York Rangers with whom he played six games, and then traded later that season to San Jose where he played one game. After that season, Muzzatti returned to Europe to play and closed out his career at the conclusion of the 2006-07 season. He has since taken up coaching and as of 2017-18, he was the goaltending coach of Michigan State University.

In his NHL career, Muzzatti appeared in 62 NHL games and recorded a 13-25-10 record with one shutout, one assist, a 3.33GAA, and a 0.894% save average. He appeared in zero playoff games.

The piece you are looking at right now is a Hartford Whalers era used stick of Muzzatti's consistent in style with the brand and taping style of his sticks at the beginning of the 1995-96 season.

Acquired from: Private Collector

Dates of Game Use: Early part of 1995-96 NHL seasons

Photomatched: No, referenced only.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great read, Bruce! Very nice museum, I really like seeing those pictures of your displays. The people must have enjoyed it!

And congrats in the Roy 1/1 and that Whalers Game-Used stick. Such a great piece to add to your collection.

Thanks for sharing your Summit experience!

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Very impressive, thanks for the displays and congrats on your wicked finds!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.