Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers FIU Panthers
    See haveuseenmypants's Items on eBay Instagram:

Meh. I don't mind paying for an autograph that's benefiting charity. I won't pay more than $10, though, so that limits who I can get.
    As far as the kids go, I think it's a teaching opportunity. At some point they have to learn that players don't owe them an autograph. Would it be nice? Absolutely. But not every player is Mike Trout, who allegedly signs a lot for kids before games, or Pat Neshek.
    When I took my daughter to Cardinals ST, Wainwright was signing for a crowd at which my daughter was at the end of. He must have signed for fifty people, at least. Just before he got to my daughter he said "Gotta go, guys." and took off. Some people who were next to us tried to call him back, saying "Adam, please sign for this little girl." but he just waved and kept running.
    My daughter was a little disappointed but I told her to appreciate the fact that he signs at all, because he doesn't have to. He was the only cardinal player who had hung back to sign.
    We went to the game after that practice and she got plenty of autographs and a couple balls tossed to her by players, so she did alright.
    Active or retired, there's plenty of things these guys could be doing with their free time, so I'm grateful for those who sign, but I'm not going to criticize those who won't. I just wish those who know they aren't going to sign would hit an RTS on stuff so I could get my SASEs back.
    Last edited by JustStartingOut; 06-12-2018 at 01:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think @JustStartingOut nailed it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

Autographs are a free market. If a player wants to make money off his signatures, it is his signature. Boggs signed for me for free on more than one occasion. Mr. Frank Thomas "the original one" has fees for charity and I gladly paid them and got some great signatures.
    my for trade website can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay:Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12