Thread: Site Update - 5/14/18

Site Update - 5/14/18

Members -

Just a quick update for SCF.

1) I'll be making some minor changes this week to the necessary evil (google ads) that I need to have on the site in order to pay for the web-hosting and other SCF related expenses. Most of it will be subtle. However, I do ask that if you can, please consider supporting SCF with a VIP membership. Ads are disabled on most of the site.

2) With the supreme court striking down the sports betting law this morning, I will re-evaluate SCF's position on this topic overall. Just as an FYI, we do have a fantasy sports forum for in SCF General Talk. I am not sure if there will be any changes, especially since minors are allowed to have accounts on the site but like most items, it is worth at least reviewing.

3) If you are looking for used 1-touch holders (various sizes), please check this out - I have 2 full boxes and nearly a 3rd ready to move out. https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...3#post14624763

4) Reward Point Store will be getting a healthy shipment of items in the next week or 2. I'll be sending this out to Roger tomorrow or Wednesday (at the latest) - need to figure the box to send this in. However, VIP's get the 1st alerts that items are going to be added into the SCF Rewards Store.

Thanks for reading,
    Scott

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Looking for a new location to store your cards? Hidden Content

Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Still think this site and sites like it could benefit bigly from having a Paypal donation thing or whatever people use for most of their worthless gofundme garbage. I don't know how much ads or other things bring in but if you get 1000 members to toss in a couple of bucks that would in a couple plus thousands and I've seen people throw money at much worthless causes than online communities they actually use.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Does this mean razzes will be allowed?

Hidden Content - use drop down box to view other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs, Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like current Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU, and Roger Federer

4. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
    Does this mean razzes will be allowed?
    no - this is still a raffle and technically still illegal

I am referring to discussions about sports betting and gambling in general

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Still think this site and sites like it could benefit bigly from having a Paypal donation thing or whatever people use for most of their worthless gofundme garbage. I don't know how much ads or other things bring in but if you get 1000 members to toss in a couple of bucks that would in a couple plus thousands and I've seen people throw money at much worthless causes than online communities they actually use.

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Scott- this is not a bad idea at all- what about a go fund me or something similar, to help offset the costs. Couldnt hurt to set it up, could it?

No more trading. buying and selling only. Trading has become impossible

Quote Originally Posted by palantri View Post
    Scott- this is not a bad idea at all- what about a go fund me or something similar, to help offset the costs. Couldnt hurt to set it up, could it?
    started working on this today actually - not a go fund me, but a different spin off of this.