Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question about BGS grading

I have some pretty high-end stuff I have been meaning to get graded for years but have never had the courage to put in the mail.

Now, I have a chance Friday to do Beckett raw card review grading on site near-by.

They told me it’s different, but still has the same grade and sub grades. Can someone give me an idea how it’s different and what the in-person grading might do to open-market value.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

OPG Basketball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (123)
    Country
    Utah Jazz Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears
    See bballkm32's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

Raw card review will put a sticker on the holder saying what the min grade they would give it as they are only inspecting it for a few minutes (if that). It won't be in the thicker enclosed casing like regular grading would be. In terms of selling, I tend to see these go for a little less than the same thing that is encased. In my opinion, if you you think the cards will get at least 8.5 or higher and you are thinking of having them graded for the casing, then go straight to that route. If not, then the raw card might be fine. Other wise you will end up paying for both services which kind of sucks.

In terms of the in person vs. sending in the mail:

I have done both and I have to say that I like the in person for a couple reasons. Beckett is responsible for the cards once they are given to them and eliminates the postal service, the postage to send, and insurance to send. I have also done in person at the national and a local shop and both were perfect. Each had over 20 cards if I remember correctly.

In the mail was a smaller order for me and I tended to not do as high end cards for that one for the fears that people have had. Having to prove you had the cards, purchase price etc to get the insurance from the postal service, etc.

Hope it helps.
    Collecting Karl Malone, Ryne Sandberg, Pat Angerer, Tavian Banks, Devyn Marble, Aaron White, Jarrod Uthoff, Tyler Cook, Keegan Murray, Kris Murray, Luka Garza, Joe Wieskamp, Jordan Bonhannon, DJ Carton
    Hidden Content

Inventory:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Raw card review will put a sticker on the holder saying what the min grade they would give it as they are only inspecting it for a few minutes (if that). It won't be in the thicker enclosed casing like regular grading would be. In terms of selling, I tend to see these go for a little less than the same thing that is encased. In my opinion, if you you think the cards will get at least 8.5 or higher and you are thinking of having them graded for the casing, then go straight to that route. If not, then the raw card might be fine. Other wise you will end up paying for both services which kind of sucks.

In terms of the in person vs. sending in the mail:

I have done both and I have to say that I like the in person for a couple reasons. Beckett is responsible for the cards once they are given to them and eliminates the postal service, the postage to send, and insurance to send. I have also done in person at the national and a local shop and both were perfect. Each had over 20 cards if I remember correctly.

In the mail was a smaller order for me and I tended to not do as high end cards for that one for the fears that people have had. Having to prove you had the cards, purchase price etc to get the insurance from the postal service, etc.

Hope it helps.

Thank you! I have cards that I’m thinking will grade well and could net me a nice chunk of money but I’d hate to get three grand for something instead of five grand just because of how it was graded.

I was confused too because when I peruse eBay I never see anything denoting an in-person grade over a traditional one.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Get em slabbed!

SCF Rewards
    Country

You think that’s the best move for their value?

Can I go the cheaper route first, then slab them if i get grades I like on first round?

Thanks everyone.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Mets New York Islanders New York Jets
    See proschoicesports's Items on eBay

What are the cards? Rcr isn’t bad and they don’t charge you the auto fee a second time

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You think that’s the best move for their value?

Can I go the cheaper route first, then slab them if i get grades I like on first round?

Thanks everyone.

Oh absolutely, the RCR route is a great option!