Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Upper Deck Easter Egg Surprise Inserts: Did You Know These Cards Even Existed?

For years Upper Deck has been using “Easter Egg” surprise insert cards in products as a way to add value, encourage collector discovery and create excitement about new releases. Generally fans that discover these cards will flock to online message boards or social media to show off what they’ve found while also trying to discover how rare these items may be. As a rule, Upper Deck will not share any details on these Easter Egg inserts for several weeks to encourage that dialogue amongst collectors.

“The magic of Upper Deck’s Easter Eggs are that they require communal interaction to do the detective work inherent to getting a grasp of what’s out there,” said Grant Sandground, director of product development for Upper Deck. “The thrill of being able to discover an unannounced card or share your findings with other collectors is really priceless. One of the most gratifying aspects of trading cards are the bonds developed from sharing your collecting experiences with others.”

http://upperdeckblog.com/2018/05/upp...r+Deck+Blog%29

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

These are always fun to see in the hobby. I really liked those Retro Young Guns Acetate cards this year. It was fun seeing those older designs pop up again.

Do we even know the full checklist for that set yet?
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Def fun to see

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Weird. I figured they don't make checklists because UD isn't sure if they'll be ready in time or not. They were actually supposed to be a fun bonus thing. Neat.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I own a Beliveau. What the REAL Easter egg is with that card is that they also did a (sticker, obviously) autograph variant of the card. Super rare and I’ve only ever seen one copy of it.

Odd that they said 11-12 for Blank Backs as they go back to 2008-09.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I own a Beliveau. What the REAL Easter egg is with that card is that they also did a (sticker, obviously) autograph variant of the card. Super rare and I’ve only ever seen one copy of it.

Odd that they said 11-12 for Blank Backs as they go back to 2008-09.

Very true on those Blank Backs. Those 08-09 Blank Backs are super hit to find. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the most SP'd of all the blank backs. I still need one for one of my PC's.

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Very true on those Blank Backs. Those 08-09 Blank Backs are super hit to find. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the most SP'd of all the blank backs. I still need one for one of my PC's.

It’s funny about those 08-09 ones—took me 18 months to get a Gorges. I now have three. I did find 11-12 to be very tough to find and I think I still need the two from his Buffalo years.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

It’s funny about those 08-09 ones—took me 18 months to get a Gorges. I now have three. I did find 11-12 to be very tough to find and I think I still need the two from his Buffalo years.

Wow, really? That's actually really nice. 11-12 was a tough year too I find. Those blank backs, while inexpensive, are tough little buggers to find. Seems to be the case with a lot of those lower-end parallels.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

There’s also the Parkhurst ‘Tis the Season inserts from that release. I managed to snag a Price from that.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

There’s also the Parkhurst ‘Tis the Season inserts from that release. I managed to snag a Price from that.

Those were really nice cards!