Jeter SP RC PSA 10 Gem sells for $99,100

Thought this may interest Jeter collectors &/or fans out ther.

https://www.beckett.com/news/1993-sp...lls-for-99100/
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Stanton, Kemp, Pujols, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Joey Votto, Griffey Jr, Craig Biggio, Bagwell, Helton, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV & I only ship within the United States.
    Cards FT/FS~Hidden Content
    Scans/Pix~ Hidden Content

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Is this the only example of a modern card being more desirable being graded by PSA than BGS?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Is this the only example of a modern card being more desirable being graded by PSA than BGS?
    Definitely not ... PSA 10s usually bring a premium over BGS 9.5s unless the card is a true 1/1 as then the grade doesn't really matter
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

How many PSA 10s of this card are in existence?

We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameis1of1 View Post
    How many PSA 10s of this card are in existence?
    22 currently out of 14,286 graded copies by PSA

As an aside this particular card is an interesting counterpoint to the BGS 9.5 and PSA10 are the same level grade/BGS grades tougher than PSA argument that is thrown around fairly often. PSA has only given 22 PSA 10 grades out of 14,286 graded cards. There have been 239 BGS 9.5 grades out of 14,142 submissions. PSA has given 567 PSA 9 grades out of their sample. BGS has given 2,226 BGS 9 grades out of theirs. It would take quite a leap of faith to think Beckett received a greater than 10 to 1 ratio of Mint and Gem Mint submissions out of a sample of almost 30,000 graded cards.
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 05-18-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    22 currently out of 14,286 graded copies by PSA

As an aside this particular card is an interesting counterpoint to the BGS 9.5 and PSA10 are the same level grade/BGS grades tougher than PSA argument that is thrown around fairly often. PSA has only given 22 PSA 10 grades out of 14,286 graded cards. There have been 239 BGS 9.5 grades out of 14,142 submissions. PSA has given 567 PSA 9 grades out of their sample. BGS has given 2,226 BGS 9 grades out of theirs. It would take quite a leap of faith to think Beckett received a greater than 10 to 1 ratio of Mint and Gem Mint submissions out of a sample of almost 30,000 graded cards.
    Thanks for the specs, I appreciate it. Are there any BGS 10's?

$99k x 22 = approx. $2.2mil which seems right ... I wonder what a BGS 10 would bring if it's a "pop 1"? I'm guessing $250,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Jameis1of1 View Post
    Thanks for the specs, I appreciate it. Are there any BGS 10's?

$99k x 22 = approx. $2.2mil which seems right ... I wonder what a BGS 10 would bring if it's a "pop 1"? I'm guessing $250,000+
    There aren't any BGS 10 graded copies of either variety. Some idiot would probably pay that kind of premium for a Pop 1 BGS 10, I agree.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content